Not much luck for me but lucky for someone else!

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Found .69 in clad, a junk hoop earring, two lighters and some metal pointy stuff - so, not too lucky a day for me but for someone else.....

I found an out of towner's wallet. The person's ID, DL, personal papers and some cards were inside -
and a small bill.

I was told I could just address it and put it in the mail when returning a wallet - anyone know about that.
Maybe I could just send all the important cards....

Attachments

• MVC-089S.JPG
    MVC-089S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 784
  • MVC-091S.JPG
    MVC-091S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 782
OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Someone at the beach had told me I could just mail this from the post office without postage when returning a wallet, license, etc. They said they knew because they had done it. Well, I called the post office and they knew nothing of this - so, the wallet is on it's way back to it's owner (they live in another state, otherwise I would call).

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i dunno qabout sending a wallet but i think you can put a driverslicense in a picture envelope and put it in a mail box

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
use the small bill in it $ to pay its way .- :wink:

VBDave

Aug 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Tesoro Vaquero
Not always lucky.....

I found a wallet on a lifeguard stand this summer here in Va Beach and called the residence (New York). The lady who answered was very happy to have me send her husband's wallet home-especially since he was supposed to be in Charlottsville! :angry4:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: Not always lucky.....

VBDave said:
I found a wallet on a lifeguard stand this summer here in Va Beach and called the residence (New York). The lady who answered was very happy to have me send her husband's wallet home-especially since he was supposed to be in Charlottsville! :angry4:

DOH! Busted :violent1:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!

You can always turn if over to the police station, theyll get it to where it needs to go. Just make a call a couple days later to make sure theyre doing their jobs of course.

Crackbadger

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awww, that's a wonderful thank you note! And it was a Good Thing you did, too.

Good on you, for being the kind of person that could only do the right thing.

Ya did good!

HH
Nan

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so nice that you were able to get that back to them. I really like seeing that someone sent you a thank you letter (I would gladly take a thank you letter over a reward....well depending the amount :wink:). Here's looking to a great New Year. :occasion14:

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Thats a cool story and I am glad that the owner got the wallet. WTG :thumbsup:

The thank you letter is a touching pc. Sometimes the grattitude one gives is rewarding enough. Happy New Year!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people that do the right thing make me :icon_thumleft:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I've had to undergo some serious police interrogation when dropping wallets off there in the past. Not here in my town but in some of the other nearby towns. Thing is I've always found that there are two kinds of wallets in the world, kids and adults. Know the difference?

Usually some Disney or Pixar themed wallet at the park, festival or sledding hill is always a kids wallet, with no id and it still has cash in it. Not much but a few bucks. I've found many adult wallets, laying on the street, after carnivals or festivals or concerts etc., but they only have ID and no cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread