Tears of JOY on Valentines Day

Big E

Jan 17, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites XLT
I have been reading all of your posts for a couple years now, but I have never posted one myself. I felt I needed to post this. I received a call from a couple I know Friday evening telling me their daughter-in-law lost her wedding ring. They knew I detected and asked for my help.
Here in central Nebraska we received about 7 inches of snow Friday. When she left classes at college Friday, she went out to brush the snow off her vehicle. In the process of doing so, her ring fell off. Now she's only been married for 2 months. She was heart broken. I agreed to help, not knowing much of the details. I hoped they hadn't bladed the snow yet where she was parked. When they arrived to pick me up Saturday for the 40 minute drive, I grabbed my Whites XLT for this outing, giving the Minelab a break. I was thinking of the XLT's coin/jewelry preset program.
We get there and I am introduced to her and her dad. While she is explaining it to her in-laws, I find some open ground to do a ground balance with the XLT. Oh, I should also say they have not bladed the parking lot yet, which gives me a better chance. As I'm walking back to the area she was parked I'm thinking this is not going to be successful. Was I wrong. I take one swing of the coil and to my surprise it gives me a signal. I look at the screen and it says foil or ring. I'm thinking no way. I swing a few more times and then pinpoint. Her dad bends over with his gardening tool and chips at the ice. Would you believe out pops her ring. After I collect myself I look at my friends daughter-in-law and see tears running down her face.
Now don't get me wrong. There's nothing better then seeing silver in my plug or hole that I have dug, but I know it doesn't get any better than seeing her reaction when she sees her ring come out of the ice. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the ring, but this is a find not soon to be forgotten. Thanks for reading.

Big E

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey...I hope you keep on posting now! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on finding her ring..it's a great feeling and does our hobby good. :icon_sunny:

I wish you'd had a photo. I located a lost ring at the breach last year and forgot my camera. The people drove me to their house after I was successful and took a few photos for me and e-mailed them to me.

Take a look at the "Honorable Mention" category...there's some more nice stories there. Gotta love this hobby.

HH Joe

S

seger98

Nice story, And welcome to Treasure Net. Like Drjoeprime said, I hope it's not your last post..

Chris

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big E....It doesn't get much better than that does it. Great thing to do and Welcome to TNet. Don't be shy, post away. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
That is definitely a gratifying experience. Unfortunately, i have never been able to track down the owners of some of the rings i have found. My partner Birdman on the the other hand, well he has been in the paper twice in past year and half with people that he has tracked down. So when you see him around T-net give him props.

teak

Dec 7, 2008
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! Nice ending! Glad you found the ring and made her day! WTG! :thumbsup:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice story. Way to go!!!
now let's see some of the goodies you got to keep!!!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to start off with a bang!

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job!!
Ed

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Great story !!! WTG !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
GREAT POST. GLAD YOU FOUND HER RING. I KNOW YOU WERE HAPPY JUST TO SEE HER FACE AFTER SHE SAW THE RING.CONGRATS. :thumbsup:

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job, Big E. A very gratifying experience I'm sure. Keep posting those success stories. :thumbsup:

john

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Well Done.jpg

Attachments

• Well Done.jpg
    Well Done.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 485

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions