wedding ring finally returned

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello to all! Wanted to share with all of you the pictures of the ring found after 50 years in the ground finally returned to its happy owner. I had great joy in returning this today and finding that it still fits on its rightful finger! It took over two months to get it back where it belongs because soon after finding it my family and I left for a missions trip to the remote mountains in the Pilippines, then our 8 year old became very ill (something acquired on our trip) for two weeks, then it was a good while until I returned to ordinary daily routine. Hope you enjoy the pictures, I sure enjoyed taking them! Thanks to the owner of the ring and her husband for shared joy in this experience! (she is planning to check out this website tonight)

Attachments

• ring return 001.jpg
    ring return 001.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 539
  • ring return 002.jpg
    ring return 002.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 542
S

seger98

Nice story. Good job on the find & return! They look pretty happy about it.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
wow how cool is that, being able to return the ring after so many years

Awesome job

slomoe

Dec 24, 2008
Baltimore, Md.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have gotten my vote for the Banner. You found the ring and found the owner and returned the wedding ring. That rates a great big Shu-Be-Do :3some: :headbang: :icon_salut: :occasion18: :blob1: :blob10: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9:

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thanks to all you kind folks for your reply and Honorable Mention! The original find and story are on Jan. 2 or 3 I believe. I knew a wedding band had been lost many years ago in the area I was hunting, but never thought i'd find it. needle in a haystack for sure!! it was in a field that sued to have a garden in it. when i found it, i had my husband's mother, who is a cousin of the owner, tell me who she was and give me her phone number. i called her that night- she was so excited and surprised, as you can imagine! i just now was able to connect with her and give it back. That was great fun!! again- thanks to all!! burglar

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
BRAVO ....Well Done :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread