On the way home from a bad hunt I found $80 in 20s!

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a hunt that produced some muddy boots and a tired me, I got out of the car at a convience store and a folded bunch of 20s were a mere 10 paces away from me. I walked over and picked them up and then looked around. The first thing I saw was a cop car about to back out of his spot. He was looking at me and I wondered if he saw me pick up the cash. I decided to look around for someone who might have dropped the cash. Sure enough, there was a lady in the car next to me counting some money with a flustered look on her face. I walked over and knocked on her window and asked if she dropped some money. She was like "Yes! I was counting and I was about to go back in the store to look for it..." I gave her the cash she was very thankful, almost like she didn't expect anyone to do that. :thumbsup:

If I had only found the cash a bit later I would have had no choice but to keep it.... right? ???

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
WoW...That sure must have been a heart stopper seeing that cash laying there.Doing a good deed by being honest will have a good deed done to You twice over.In this state of the economy,I bet you sure made that woman happy in not just getting her lost money back..but the knowing that there are still honest people in this world!! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really hope you guys are right about the karma thing. ;D

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Very cool, Elad. Your post will be moved soon to a special place on TNet called "Honorable Mention". It's very worthy.

DM

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you did the right thing! You may never know the difference you made in her life by returning her money. Especially in these times! Great job!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a year ago I found A$100.00 dollar bill in a Wal-mart store ,so I looked around to see if anybody had drop it and I saw this young guy kinda laughing at me when I found it,well it turned out to be a phoney one with a religious saying on the other side.So when I walked out I notice he was outside selling Girlscout cookies with his daughter and freinds,the guy wasn't looking at me when I came out,he was on his cellphone just talking away so I ask the girls how many boxes could I get for a $100 dollars and the said I could have them all,soooo I walked away with 2boxes and give them a $100 tip.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE TO DO THAT. THE OLD WOMAN WAS VERY HAPPY I KHOW. :thumbsup:

P

Pentico

You did the right thing!
Good on ya!
It will come back double to you!

DN

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Elad said:
I really hope you guys are right about the karma thing. ;D

Hmmm I am not sure if finding a tick on your body after returning someones cash is a sign of "karma payback", but you did the right thing!

See you Sunday!!
Neil

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
That is quite laudable, Elad! I thank you for all humanity. :thumbsup: :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
being a "good man" is doing the right thing when no one but you and god will know if you did the right thing or wrong thing.

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
You did a very good thing. For that you had a great day that you'll remember for a long time. And the person you gave the money back to will not forget either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread