Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, Lisa, Terri, Sherri and I met up for relic hunting at one of our regular sites. (Burdie, you know where this is.) We started out on a small area that had been recently disturbed, between the bottom of a hill and a road. I hunted around for a few minutes and decided to walk up to a different place. Found a little silver button, two little round bullets and then the buckle. Lisa calls on the cell and says she's found a stirrup! After a bit I go back to where they're hunting and come across my first snake of the year. :-\ Vol, (Brad) had mailed me yesterday to warn me that they'd already seen 'em out, so I was watching where I stepped. After announcing that yes, indeed the snakes are running, it didn't take long for everyone to decide to change locations. :D
Some of you may remember this site....

100_6980.jpg

It's one of my favorite places and we've hunted there many times. It's still good for a keeper or two if we're lucky. We all scattered about and started digging. Found a dog tag from 1939, an old watch and a couple of pennies.
100_2493.jpg

100_2494.jpg

The day was almost over for hunting and just as I was about to leave, one of the owners sons came out to talk to me. He said that he had lost his wedding ring. :-\ What's even worse, he hasn't been married for very long. :P
Said he had lost it the day we had the snow a couple of weeks ago. I told him we'd be more than happy to look for it! So I called the girls on the cell and had them come over. He asked if I mind if he tried to look for it and I said, "Not at all!" So with a quick lesson, he looked for all of five minutes and handed it back to me. :D By then the girls had made it back and we started in to looking for it. Half an hour later....I find it!! Yea!
100_2481.jpg

100_2484.jpg

Just seeing that smile on his face, ya know? I love it! Don't know who was happier, him or me! I told him that if I find something and didn't get to keep it, that it required a picture. No problem there! :D

100_2486.jpg

I like days like these. :)

HH~
Nana~

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And...you probably have a place to dig as long as you want to! Great story and recovery. Monty

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great story, Nana.

Sometimes it's the finds you don't bring home that are the most rewarding ones...

His picture says it all !!!!!

Brian in MA

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another husband out of the doghouse Good work Nana :thumbsup:

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Good job, Nana. Ain't it great when it works out like that. HH

Bob

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the karmic brownie points you got for finding the wedding ring! You'll be digging up Spanish silver real soon! Ya did a good thing.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post title says it all...and that's some beautiful ring. Glad you found it for him. :thumbsup: "The Bama Girls" are really digging up a storm...awesome finds. ;D

:wink: RR

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go girl! :icon_queen:
That is a cool looking ring Nana, congrats. Was it titanium or some other metal? It doesn't look like silver. :icon_scratch:
Way to go on the relics too. Is that the rock wall I remember you hitting last year & finding some coins in?
-MM-

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post Nana, without finding a chest full of gold, this is as good as it gets, LOL! Returning a find like that is a great feeling. I cherish a hunt with the Alabama girlies like I would a great foreign hunt. HH, Mike

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like yet another great hunt! Congrats and kudos on the ring find! You surely made his day but you put the smile in a lot of folks days anyway! :wink:

Attachments

• HAPPY_DANCE_-_DA_-_YOU_ROCK.gif
    HAPPY_DANCE_-_DA_-_YOU_ROCK.gif
    86.7 KB · Views: 568
  • HAPPY_DANCE_-_DA_-_YOU_ROCK.gif
    HAPPY_DANCE_-_DA_-_YOU_ROCK.gif
    86.7 KB · Views: 575

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool Nana, That looks like a Christian wedding band! You probably made his other half just as happy as him! CONGRATS! I cant wait to get there some day and hunt with you too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread