Two Lost Rings Found

J.R.B.

Mar 21, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's 6000
I'm new here and this is my first post. I started detecting years ago with an old mine detector and bought a White's 6000 in the 1990's which I still use. I got a call from a frantic woman that her mother lost her wedding ring and another ring in her garden and she wondered if I could find them. When I got there the old lady was crying as she had recently lost her husband of many years. I got set up and started swinging over a pile of tomato vines. I got a signal and dug through the trash and turned up the first ring. One to go--the wedding ring. A few more sweeps and I got another signal and found the last ring. The old lady wanted to pay me but I wouldn't accept it. Her tears of joy were plenty payment for me. The next day in the mail I had a letter from her daughter with a $20 gift certificate at the local gas station. The old lady died that year but she left this world with her rings on her fingers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet J.R.B.

There is always room For another Honorable Member Like You.

Thanks for Sharing your Expierence !

Jeff

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Jeff said, welcome to TNet and that was a great story. You did good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great to have you here with us! That was great of you to help that precious lady! Looking forward to hearing more from you here!

Attachments

• welcome03.gif
    welcome03.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 325
  • welcome03.gif
    welcome03.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 317
OP
OP
J

J.R.B.

Mar 21, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's 6000
It might be a while before I post any new finds. The ground here in North Dakota is still a little froze. I need one of these--> :coffee2:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I know the feeling...it is 30 degrees for our high today and the wind is blowing....icy icy cold! Hopefully we will both have warmer weather soon and go find good stuff! ;D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad you were able to find them, she would of been heartbroken until she died if you hadn't been able to locate them.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Story! WTG Welcome to our Addiction!... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's amazing what..and how often...people lose valuables. I personally feel it is our moral obligation to TRY to return items...and ACTUALLY on some of the extremely valuable items it is also a legal obligation. Police consider the non return of valuable items akin to theft. We need to always, at least, make an effort! (Sorry.. I had to get on my Soap Box).

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread