Another Diamond ring!!!! Update new pic of woman

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
monarch pass drive, colorado springs, colorado
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & whites bullseye2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well today I went to the oldest park in town to practice finding pull tabs, LOL. I wish they were worth $5 each, I could retire. Anyway my batteries were going dead so i started walking back to the car to get my spare. On the way I talked to a park worker to ask about hunting a fenced area. As I was talking to him a woman came up to me and asked if that was a metal detector I was carrying. I replied that it was. She then told me that she and a girlfriend had taken some kids to another park in town. While they were there the girlfriend took off her wedding ring to put sunscreen on the kids. She forgot about it and when they were ready to leave she noticed her ring was gone. They all looked for it but the play area had nothing but wood chips in it. Needless to say it brought her to tears.
So the woman that asked me about my detector told me the location of the park and asked if I might go look for the ring.
I replied that i would so she gave me a phone number to call her if i did find it. When I got to the park I started going around the outer limits of the play area and worked around in continuously smaller circles. on the second circle I saw the ring lying on top of the wood chips. I didn't even need the detector to find it.
I am attaching a couple of pics of the ring, when the woman calls me and describes it i will meet here and take a couple of more pics.
I still can't believe that this is the second lost ring I have found for women that lose them. My other one was found on Captiva Island beach,( http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,228803.0.html).

I will take some pics of all my finds to date this year and post them later.

Here is a pic of Lisa when she got her ring back. Darn sure a big smile.

Attachments

• DSCF1010.jpg
    DSCF1010.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,521
  • DSCF1011.jpg
    DSCF1011.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 1,507
  • DSCF1014.jpg
    DSCF1014.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 1,520
  • DSCF1012.jpg
    DSCF1012.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,525
  • DSCF1020.jpg
    DSCF1020.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,185

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Another Diamond ring!!!!

Unbelievable! That's one honkin ring!! How careless of her to take it off and lay it down like that. But, at least you found it before some other "lucky" person did. Hope she rewards you BIG TIME!!!! You are a good person for doing that! Hopefully you'll get to keep the next one!

HH,
Moon

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Great ring and good for you for finding it for her. :thumbsup: I'm not one to keep score (OK so really I am) but it would seem to me that Karma owes you bigtime! Again good job on returning the ring,

HH Charlie

ps

Try to get a pic of her husbands face too when you return it. LOL I'll bet he was ready to kill her :pain10:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang, no wonder she was in tears... That is a beautiful and expensive ring. Thanks for making us look good!!! Great job!!!

DANGLANGLEY

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy Macaroni.......what a ring! You are going to make her day :)

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

great job, just goes to show you we have a purpose

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!

Nice bling indeed! I found a wallet last week in a parking lot with four $100 and a bunch of twentys in it. Looked at the drivers license photo, and saw that person and another looking for it in the parking lot. When I returned it they both just looked so relieved. He had just cashed his pay check and they were going to buy groceries. He pulled out one of the $100's but I said no thanks... Idiot! :BangHead: Just kidding, they didn't look like they could afford that and I am not broke so... I can tell you though it really was a great feeling returning it. Definitely beats the guilty feeling I would have had if I kept it!

By the way I also do like the rings you can't return too! :icon_jokercolor:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's not her ring....her's only has three diamonds. :icon_jokercolor: Go back and find the right one.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Holy cow - that is one beautiful ring! Lucky it was you who spotted it lying on the chips, and not someone else who didn't know who lost it.

Very nice of you to go find it for that lady. Your mother would be very proud of you!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya done good! Congrats on a sweet find and a nice return! :thumbsup:

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot, she's smiling because that's not the ring she lost...JK...Seriously though, did she at least try it on for you? or show you a picture of her wearing that ring? Congrats for being a gentleman and may the next one you find be more expensive than that one.

I hope she gave you a reward for that.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
A happy ending to a great story. I'm glad you got it back to her.....bet she doesn't take it off again! Kudos to you for a job well done!!

HH,
Moon

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Good job on the ring. It is people like you whomake it easyer for the
rest of us to get permission and gaain a good rep. Congratulations.
Jimbob

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on a well done good deed. Super ring. Karma baby!! This is what it is all about!! Thanks for sharing your adventure!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread