mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to another beach this Monika and I found a lady class ring. I also got another cheap ring a couple ear rings ad $3.42 in clad. After I got home I got the ring cleaned up and the name was inside the ring. So my wife did a people search on the net and came up with a name, address and phone #/ So I call and ask for her. She was on the phone and I ask her if she went to North Central High School and she said that she did. When I ask her about her ring she told me that she lost it in the lake. She told me the name of the lake and I told her it was her lucky day that I found her ring. She could not believe it. So tomorrow morning I am going to meet her and give the ring back to her. Man this makes you feel so good when you know you are returning someone personal property.....Matt

Attachments

• 100_6143.JPG
    100_6143.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 880

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg ,good karma on the way

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all. Texan I don't know how long ago she lost the ring. Hope to find out more tomorrow when we meet. Will do a follow up tommow....Matt

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! It is a great feeling to return something like that. HH, Mike

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya-hoooo!!!! :icon_thumleft:
Way to go Matt. Not only on the find but the return too. You make us all proud.
Congrats,
MM

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Job well done! You had a good hunt, found and will return a lost item. There is no better feeling in the world in doing what you have done.

F

Felinepeachy

That is so cool. Good for you!! May the rings of 1000 people that you're unable to ever identify be found beneath your coil. :tongue3:

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got back from returning the ring. This one was a big let down to me. When I got to the place she was not there but her dad was. Told me she lost it around 8 years ago. Said that she will be happy to get it bad shook my hand and left. No big thank you or anything. Oh well I guess that the way it goes. Until the next one comes along happy hunting. I guess I have to get back to this lake. Ring been there for 8 years must be more goodies there. Come on Sunday I am headed back.....Matt

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had the same thing happen to me also. But I still return all I can. Returned one a few weeks ago to the family of a lady that had lost hers in 1925. I didnt do it for them I did it for me, just like you did. Congratulations on a job well done...d2

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I returned one to a 1927 ladys niese .The lady had passed away a few years before and her niese was sopposed to get it to the owners son .Never heard any thing ,kind of a bummer but still the right thing to do.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the great doings, with or with out a Thank-you! You did it for the right reason.... because it WAS the RIGHT thing to do! Good things will come your way! :hello2:

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good for you. You know you did the right thing, and it's still very cool, whether there's a thank you in it or not.

I'm still looking forward to the day when I can say I returned a class ring. Maybe someday. :-)

Good job!
Nan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread