Owner of Class Ring Found!!!--Today!!

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everybody :hello: I found a class ring while detecting the Beach at Myrtle Beach last week. Using the information from the ring I was pretty much sure that I had tracked down the owner but I could not get a phone # or email for her. I finally decided to call the school that the ring was from and did so this morning. I talked to a very helpful guidance counselor who confirmed that a the person I was looking for did indeed graduate from that school in 1987. She had a # for the persons parents and I asked her to contact them and give them my phone #. A few hours later my phone rings and a very happy lady was on the other end. She described the ring perfectly!! She had only lost it on June 22nd and I found it on July 12th. She even told me the name of the hotel where she was staying when she lost it and it is where I had stayed. She had also lost an engagement ring at the same time as her class ring. She told me this as she was telling me when the class ring was lost. She did not ask me if I had found her engagement ring. I did tell her that I had not found her engagement ring. If anyone has found an engagement ring in the area near the Palace ,or the Blue Hotel(don't know the name of it) just next to it on the North side, since June 22nd of this year and would like to return it to its rightful owner pm me and I will get you her info and you can see if she can describe it too. Anyway this is the first Classring that I have found and now I am 1 for 1 on returns. I know how happy she is and it's a great feeling to have helped her out. I knew as soon as I found the ring that I would try my best to return it because I know what my Classring means to me. Now if I find a Wells Fargo box full of Gold coins, I don't know anything about that :wink: :dontknow:

Attachments

• 100_0264.jpg
    100_0264.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_0264.jpg
    100_0264.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 543

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Captain I new you could do it. Sometime it takes a little bit longer to find someone. I have return 7 rings in 30 years. Everytime I return one it makes you feel so good. Hope you find many more rings and some that you may keep. Happy hunting and good luck.....Matt

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. I would love to see such posts make the banner here. Do you have a better photo of the ring?

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and a great job returning the ring! Get pics returning the ring if you can. Certainly a priceless feeling. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread