Wedding Band Returned

ugogirl

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Hello All,

Been lurking about the site for some time now but this is my first post!

The shirtless gentlemen works for the VA Hospital and was participating in a week long Summer Sports Camp for Veterans at a Southern California Beach. He had placed his ring with his other belongings in a backpack before entering the water. While he was out with the wounded warriors! someone moved his bag and his wedding ring was lost.

His ring was lost on the beach on Monday. He approached me on Tuesday asking if I could find Platinum with my metal detector (Excalibur II). After replying positively, he asked if I would mind taking a look. Happy to help, I gave it a shot. Unfortunately the area he indicated was between two fire pits (lots of nails) and under a series of metal sun canopies, there were metal chairs, tables and more. Needless to say I was getting false signals constantly. I informed him of the difficulty with all the metal in the area. He thanked me for trying and I went on about my day. A couple of hours later I noticed the canopies had been moved off the sand. I returned to the spot, first pass I received a signal and recovered a nickle and two pennies. Not more than five feet and I hit another strong signal. Made the scoop and low and behold a Platinum Wedding Band!

I immediately made my way to the headquarters for the Veterans Summer Sports Camp to find the owner. He had already left for the day. A number of the other volunteers / workers offered to take the ring and hold it for him. I declined but was given his cell phone number.

I called to see how far he was from the beach. He indicated he had already made it home, some 20 miles away. I let him know we had spoken that day and I had something for him. He could not believe I had found it! I informed him I would see him the next day to return his ring.

Wednesday morning I returned and tracked down the owner. When I reintroduced myself indicating we had spoken the previous day he replied "You really didn't find it, did you?" I held up his ring and he replied "that's it!" When asked what he owed me, I responded only a picture!

Needless to say he was very happy to have it back! Offered to have me come meet his wife the next day. I was happy to return what rightly belonged to him.

Pat

Attachments

• My_New_Best_Friend_.jpg
    My_New_Best_Friend_.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 402

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great story. And the righteous thing to do. :icon_thumright:

Tom

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
great job, well done. returned many of rings myself over the years.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Awesome find...You did a great thing today and Karma will smack you right in the face. :tongue3: Next hunt it will be platinum you can keep...Nice job on the return... :thumbsup: jgas

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Job! Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

HH Joe

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really makes your day when you can
return a wedding ring to it's owner after
being lost. Thanks for sharing this story
and good karma is heading your way!!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WHAT A GUY! I would have loved to find the wedding band I was looking for. I am so glad you were able to find the one YOU were looking for. WTG! You give us all a real boost in the minds of others!

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Awesome story and i'm sure you're stacked up with some good karma for you next outing....good job.

HH
-Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread