Lost wallet found returned within an hour.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
While my batteries were slightly recharged with some good deeds I wish to see so much more out of our fellow man. I want to thank you if you are a farmer or have anything to do with agriculture or conservation of our planet for future generations you along with our nations defenders and their families bear the burden of responsibility for our quality of life. I have slept well and enjoy a life as a well fed American as a result of your goodness hats off to you ladies and gentlemen. Most politicians fall short of this praise please avoid temptation whatever form it might be. ???

I Was at the Dollar general today after job hunting and located a wallet next to a nice black car. I picked up the wallet looked in it saw some green$ in it.I looked for an id Mr.Brown then immediately closed it and went into the store to inquire if the Mr Brown worked there.They said "no but that man had just left" I said what was he driving they said a black VW I said rats missed him by seconds hurried to the door and the car was gone. I had to complete a family mission first (no choice) but as soon as that obligation was covered I,then I sought out the owner.

Was able to get a business associate to find the cell number then call the owner. Mr.Brown said to return to the store he would be there to get his wallet from me. When I drove up I asked are you Mr.Brown first words he said were how happy he was to see me I said I too was happy for him and that I had once lost my wallet when I was a teen.I lost my apartment as a result. He said I know you didn't do this for a reward but allow me to give you this, handed me $10. I said thank you for your kindness that I will give this to my little girl and that I will explain to her why she is getting the money. Went to get her later that day and she was very happy to get the money and I hope she will respect others property and return to them their possessions.
How much money was in the wallet I can't say I didn't count it and only looked at the license and police ID in the wallet. See I respect peoples privacy and felt it would be a violation of privacy to dig in his or any ones wallet or purse. How I wish our government would do this.
I can tell you this it had a lot more than I would usually will carry, at the very least I saw multiple twenties when I saw the twenties that was all I needed to see to know this was important. Was there larger bills only Mr.Brown would know I didn't look any further to be honest I currently can't afford the temptation.

When I returned home a letter was there giving me hope that a righteous job F Transit (FT) """might"""be mine. We are talking about a job driving a transit bus with an automatic tranny no lifting all I need to do is be able to use both hands to drive and I can't I have a buldging stabbing pain at rest in my recliner we are talking a gravy job about the least of the least that can be expected of a driver and sadly I still can't do it. I really hope I can return to FT it was one that I didn't have a real chance at securing due to an injury from a previous job at C Bridge (CB). CB knew I was injured on their dime in their service it is documented. They "CB" said who knows where or when you were injured bla bla bla "IE screw you". CB has positive history with me too many to list but these are the largest...they gave me a bonus when I worked there for completion on the I-XX project I called said I never worked on the I XX project they said oops you need to return that we made an error so I did. Later they sent me another check after I was hit by a truck they had me on light duty until a DR could rubber stamp me back to work. I again called and asked what this money was for they said oh the insurance company made an error you were not suppose to get that I returned that. That was nearly $1,000 in my name I could have easily said you sent it to me what you expect. What do they do when given the chance they try to screw me first by demoting me to another job later by the games they try to play. Wonder whats wrong with the world today people are paying good with evil that is what is wrong and that is said to be a curse that those that have this habit evil will never leave their household . That to me is a serious personal problem should you find yourself surrounded by these types of people consider your company and the curse ,you might get payment in the form of carma.

I can honestly tell you that we know how we want to be treated all we have to do is do it. Don't over load yourself with thinking too much about things you just have to do the right thing as soon as you can, while it is in your power to do so. 20% problems just to identify a solution and work on 80% solutions evaluate enough to come to an accurate decision and just do it.

jamestaylor

Feb 24, 2007
You did what was right. My grandfather had a saying whenever someone found something not theirs and thought about keeping it. "You found it before it was lost" it amounts to the same thing.
Good luck and best wishes to your family.

Greg

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing. I too once found a checkbook in a large mall. I turned it in to security, and the first thing the person said was you can write a lot of check with these. I replied I don't need it I have my own money.
I also beleive in Karma, If you do something bad, something bad will happen to you.
This world needs more good people, there are enough bad people out there.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you cdltpx :icon_thumleft:
It sounds like you are working your way to a big reward; as I've learned in life, what goes round - comes round.

Mike

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I have found many wallets but....

...the last one I found was on the side of the road at an intersection where I was waiting for the light to change so I could turn left. I saw the wallet and a bunch of contents laying right beside my car in the grass so I got out and gathered it all up. It was as if someone had gone thru it and tossed it all out their car window.

The next day I called around trying to locate the owner. The Dl had wrong address so I called what I thought was her job...turns out it was actually Child Welfare of whom she was a client.

Anyways I found the correct address and went there that afternoon to return the wallet and all of the contents. When I explained what I was doing and where I found the wallet the lady just listened and then asked...Where is my $250.00? I was kind of shocked, but replied with...I don't know...I just told you how I found the wallet.

She continued to ask where her money was and then accused me of taking it. The last thing I told her was...Look lady, I went out of my way to bring this to you and you accuse me of stealing it and your money...WTF? Then I just said have a great day and left.

Regardless...I still felt like it was the right thing to do even though she had no money to return there was ID, DL, and many notes and such.

OP
OP
cdltpx

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
I was driving in CO one day and saw what appeared to be dollar bills flying down the interstate and I stopped."We Big trucks travel up hill so slowly you can identify things while driving". I stopped and sure enough there was cash flying down the road I followed the bills up to the point where there was credit cards ID etc I collected all the money credit cards and then called a number that was with the stuff a young female dog answered I told her what I had found she didn't even know she had lost her things she was 100 plus miles in the other direction she expected me to turn around to deliver to her home and give it to her. I explained to her that I am a otr trucker and we can't turn around to deliver wallets and I was calling to see if the address was correct she was pissed that I took her wallet 100 plus miles in that direction I told her I was going to the nearest Post office and I was using her money and mailing her the things with whatever leftover cash and that as far as I was concerned she could kiss my ass only if she flew to Los Angeles to do it because I was going to be in LACA in less than 24 hours "I work for a living". I then hung up and returned her her things in the mail. From that point on I didn't stop my truck unless it involved loss of life. She was a young college puke returning from a skiing trip heaven help the workers of Vail CO.

OP
OP
cdltpx

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
Another time I was in Beaumont TX Flying J. A trucker was telling me how his truck broke and that he was hungry and out of money :help: I said I was hungry too that is he wished he could join me in a meal he said that would be great. We began walking to go under the interstate to the Jack in the box as we were walking he started heading toward the waffle house I said where you going he said the waffle house I told him I can't afford to eat there I usually get a $1 jumbo jack bring in my own slice of cheese from the truck fridge and a $1 pair of taco's if he were truly hungry he might lower his standards. He then acted perterbed and I said "well"? He decided Jack in the Box is better than nothing in his belly; and it was a gift horse after all. After eating he was surprised how tasty the burger and taco was and he was full then he siad thank you. ;D .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread