This is First For Me / Found Happy Owner

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Got out for a few hours this morning, the first place I hit was an old house near were the fire in Auburn started, must have been a DUMP at one point to much trash (EVERY WHERE) :BangHead:
Went to a park that I seen a Soccer game going on yesterday, got about $3.00+ in Clad, when I came across this, it was a first for me, I will be putting an add in the lost and found in the next couple of days, there is a couple of distinctive things not showing in the Pics that the Owner will be able to identify it by, and if no one clams it, this will be the first IPod I have ever owned, all I will need to do is come up with a base for it.

030qg.jpg

031gg.jpg

OP
OP
King-John

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Found Happy Owner

For those that missed my Post on a "This is first for me find"
I placed add in locale lost & found last week, kind of amazing but I received six calls to try and identify it, last night I received a call from a young man that described it right to the tee, including the exact location of were he lost it before I could even ask him anything, I knew it had to be his, well this afternoon, after I knew he was out of school I made a call to him, told him to come over to the park he lost it at and look for a guy metal detecting and that I would return his Ipod, minutes later him and his mom showed up, they were really surprised that I took the trouble to post an add in the lost & Found to return it, they tried to present me a Star Bucks gift card, but I told them that there was no way I could accept it that it is are oath as a devoted Metal detectorist that we try to locate the owner of any thing of value weather it be of dollar value or personal value, and that it would be against my personal values to accept a gift for the return of something he had lost and the joy in his face was payment enough.
He had lost it while referring a soccer game for some younger kids on Saturday and didn't realize he was missing it until Sunday he said he went back to look for it Sunday morning but couldn't find it. I found it Sunday afternoon, he probably was unable to find it because it had slipped down into the grass and under some leafs.
Thanks for looking
John

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for doing such a good deed, and congratulations for the Honorable Mention. I guarantee that this young man will remember your kindness for a long time. He sounds like a really terrific guy, and really appreciated your honesty. In my opinion, you could easily have accepted the owner's small token of appreciation. In your kindness, you had gone out of your way to return his I-pod. In appreciation, he went out of his way to repay your kindness with the Starbucks gift card. It would have been appropriate for you to accept his small gift.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread