Found an Engagement Ring for Owner

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
My little brother calls me up yesterday and tells me that his fiance lost her engagment ring somewhere in the yard the day before. I grab the DFX and head his way thinking that I really don't have time for this today, but you always got to be there for your family. I get to his house and his fiance tells me what she was doing and where. She said that she got straw out of the shed and installed it in the rabbit cages and in the dog house, then worked along the flower beds installing fencing when she realized her ring was gone.

I started in the back yard near the dog house and slowly worked my way toward the shed, stopping every few minutes to find what was essentially alot of aluminim can slaw and pieces of foil. After finishing up near the shed, I worked my way toward the rabbit cages. After digging even more slaw, I finally got a decent signal right outside the cage. I moved some of the straw and there it was, lying on the ground.

She was happy, my brother was relieved, and I had only been there about 30 minutes total. I snapped a quick photo and headed back toward the house to finish up the items on my honey-do list. Felt really good to help them out and even better to find the ring.

Attachments

• AmandaRing.jpg
    AmandaRing.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 466

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get better than a diamond on a pretty girl's finger....and a smile on her face. :hello2:
Great job on helping out a soon-to-be family member. She will remember this day for many, many years. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
W

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thanks for the replies. ;D I spoke to my little brother yesterday and he was still talking about it. He said it got them both thinking about getting a detector for themselves.

-Wardster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions