Gold mens wedding band found and reunited with owner!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Gold men's wedding band found and reunited with owner!

Last Monday I got a call that a friend's aunt's friend had lost his wedding band in his yard while playing with his 4 year old son. They knew I had a detector and thought it was a long shot that I may find it. They had scoured the yard for a few days and had not found it. I had tried Tuesday night quickly after work, but it was cold and pitch black, and my batteries were drained from a Sunday outing I had.

So I had made arrangements to return Friday to locate the ring. The owner said he would be amazed if I could recover it at this point...and I felt I would be amazed if it would NOT be recovered. Right?

To add to the chance of finding the ring, I enlisted the help of my detecting partner Halfdime. Shortly after arriving, we decided since I did not find it the first time around, our plan was to clear out all targets even if we had to dig them, in order to clear all targets that could be messing with a ring target.

Halfdime started off by finding a newer clad pocket-spill, and I was busy trying to figure out where this ring had fallen. Halfdime eventually had to leave for home, but I was determined to find this ring! As I was making one last pass with the detector, on my way back to the car after nearly 3 1/2 hours, sure enough, I got a very strong +31 on the XLT and there was the ring right in the middle of the coil, stuck in between some blades of grass. NICE!

The owner was right there talking to me when I found it, and he was ecstatic. Gave me a hug and a $30 reward for finding it! I can see why he was so happy, it is a very nice large men's wedding band, 14K, nearly 1 ounce in weight with 5 diamonds across it, totalling about 1 karat. Here are two pictures with ring reunited with finger!

media1-2.jpg

media12.jpg

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gold men's wedding band found and reunited with owner!

Good job !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A job well done Dr. D!!!!
It's a great feeling when you finally see the ring looking back at you. ;D
AWESOME!!!!
-MM-

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Well Done.jpg

Attachments

• Well Done.jpg
    Well Done.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 405

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I kept looking for this post but didn't scroll down far enough! I was happy to get the call that the good Dr. had found the ring; at least now I know what it looks like :wink:. Before I left, I took some swipes on a hillside not far from where the ring was found; it got me a quarter and a dime, but the Dr. found the treasure we were looking for. I agreed at the time that it would be amazing if we didn't find the ring; there weren't a lot of places for it to hide. Congrats on the Honorable Mention; it's well-deserved!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread