Letter in the mail today that made me feel great.

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I have not been able to detect much lately since I am working full time and going to school full time. On campus there is a section of a bulletin board for a project called Shoes That Fit, which are requests for clothes and shoes for local needy kids. One girl had the same first name as my niece, so I felt I had to do something. I have never really shopped for girls clothes, especially for a third grader whom I have never met and don't know anything about her but her basic size. I ended up spending quite a bit since I live in the Poconos and the winters get snowy and cold. I dropped off the bag of clothes on campus never thinking I would get a letter or anything. Well I did and it made me feel so good. I wish I could have seen her face as she got the clothes and jacket. Everyone should try to do this for at least one child this season. I promise it will make you feel wonderful!

Attachments

• Image (6).jpg
    Image (6).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 533
  • Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 527
  • Image (7).jpg
    Image (7).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 545

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Thank you for being a light to someone facing dark times! God will bless you for your Generosity :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
You just can't help but love kids huh? You can be having a crappy day and read a letter like that and next thing you know you are wearing a cheesy grin. Way to go bud!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a kindness like that is worth more than mere money ever will be.

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Jason,
Just let me say that you are an awesome human being and I am in awe of you. I wish that each and every person that reads your post will get the real spririt of Christmas (or the holidays) and give to the less fortunate around us. There are plenty of people this year that need our help in our communities. I have adopted two senior citizens for the holidays this year. I know that everyone jumps in for the kids, but there are so many older people that need our help too. Thank you Jason for helping. May you be blessed ten fold for what you have done.
Kitty

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for sharing with us, Jason and a big Congrats for your kindness. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Times are tough but for some it's even worse ...I'm sure we can all make a big difference..and we gotta try.

HH Joe

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude if I was you I would frame that letter and look at it everytime you feel blue. :hello2: :headbang: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread