the 5th day of xmas

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Hello,

I got out this morning and hunted an elementary school. After countless bottle caps and pull tabs (Those kids must be big drinkers.), I went to a high school and worked around one of the athletic fields. 7 pennies, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 4 bobby pins, one 22 cartridge later I pulled a plug and and struck my first gold ever. All of these were in a single clump. I now know what those English cats feel like when they hit a viking or Roman hoard. The rings are all 10K and I have a call out to find the owner, but exciting none the less. Thanks for checking this out.

Attachments

• treasure_hunting_011.JPG
    treasure_hunting_011.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 4,673

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome :thumbsup:

Let us Know when you return Them

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of gold.....looks like you got it going.....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
First Gold ring Cach iv ever seen,18 posts and you hit Banner also. Love to see some Clearer shots if you can

OP
OP
fathead

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
It turns out that I work with the owner's sister-in-law. I returned the rings. The owner said she took them off for cheerleading ( in 1996) and then left them on the bench. Apparently it snowed a lot that night and she was not able to find them. I'm guessing someone stepped on them and that is why they were all in one hole. Easy come, easy go.

I'm hoping that this is like fishing. I always let the little ones go in hopes that I catch something bigger.

Thanks for sharing my excitement.

Fathead

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the holy flip? Was there a hand in the hole too? Who the heck stashes a hoard of rings? Amazing!!!!! :headbang:

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excellent finds and even more excellent that you returned them so quickly. Makes you feel good when you see the look of astonishment that someone would return their rings. WTG!! :thumbsup: HH.

Ed

OP
OP
fathead

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Thanks guys. I work and live in a small town. Once I saw there was a name inside the class ring, I knew someone I worked with would know the owner. I teach elementary school, so I try to model correct behavior. I'm glad they weren't 24K. It would have made returning them much harder. It was nice to give them back and hear the story about how much trouble she got in at the time. I'm going back tomorrow to find something I can keep. It is nice to know that people out there appreciate the finds even when there is no profit.

Fathead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread