DFX to the rescue. Class ring found.

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Monday, I got a call from my buddy from work. He asked if I had my metal detector in my van. I said "What did you lose?" He told me his stepson had lost his class ring during a snowball fight. I told him to have him meet me after work and I'd see if I could find it. Well, I followed him to the site. On the way over, I couldn't help but think that he could have thrown the ring two houses away, but I'd give it the old college try. I got my machine out and turned it on.....It went crazy :icon_scratch: (underground power lines). I turned the AC Sensitivity way down, and started swinging. He told me where he thought it would be. He said "I hope you find it. It cost about $400." His buddy's little brother said "I thought you got it from your Mom for free??" :laughing9: About that time, I got a good "nickel/ring" signal. I told him that it might be the ring.......It was.
Ring.JPG
Even though he got it for free, he was happy that I found it (his mom was too, I'm sure).

Thanks for looking.
HH! :hello:
Cm2db

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal, CM! :notworthy: I'm sure his Mom was very happy!! :wink: You did good! :icon_thumright:

Nana :)

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Coinmaster , You did a real nice job for your friends. Nice recovery . :thumbsup: Be careful: Underground cables or power lines will cause serious damage your detector . I found out the hard way.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go! I know the family was happy! :thumbsup: Breezie

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, my friend. And a great deed you did for the hobby.

I have a wedding band on the list that I need to find once the snow melts. You up to it? It was lost in the woods while chopping up firewood 20 years ago. Property ower that lost it is one of the nicest folks. Plus, we can hunt a site or two on his farm as a reward after the ring is found. :o

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread