FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was posted on another forum and I had responded to the womans cry for help. She gave me the details we needed and Pete (Erikk) and I took the 1 1/2 hour ride to see if we could locate the ring.

This was her post

My husband lost his wedding band at Longboat Key beach today. If you can help, please send me an email or reply to this post.

Many thanks in advance.

Bill and his hunting partner were wonderful enough to come out to Longboat Key today, and they found my husband's wedding band!! Thanks very much guys, we thought we would never see this ring again!
Your welcome, glad we could find it. Pete (Erikk) with his ex cal and wot coil actually did the finding, and what was funny was when we arrived there was a bull dozer running in the area where the ring was lost.

It had carried the ring about 100 yards and buried it about a foot down but we were lucky enough to recover the young ladies husbands wedding band 14K with diamonds . If we hadn't gone today I have a feeling that it would have been lost for a very long time under many feet of re nourished sand......

I have a photo of the ring and Pete holding it but couldn't figure out how to get it off my phone and onto the compute. LOL

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Bill... :thumbsup:

Many guys would take the location and hunt it for the ring and never return it. Thinking they paid all that money for the detector and Losers Weepers.

I use a Olympus Stylus 850 SW, a waterproof camera. Downloading pics is easy.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill
Glad to see your back in the hunt :thumbsup:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Pete and Bill :icon_thumleft:

Bill, if you put your email address in the contacts on your phone, you can send the pics to your email and go from there.

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:

Bill, if you put your email address in the contacts on your phone, you can send the pics to your email and go from there.

Thanks Willie one more reason I love these forums

peter.jpg

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaBill said:
willie d said:

Thanks Willie one more reason I love these forums

peter.jpg

Glad to help :icon_thumleft:

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG guys. Always makes you feel good to return lost ring when you see their happy face. HH.

Ed

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I also had a chance to help out a family who's father had lost his wedding ring in the Gulf at Desoto beach in Sarasota about a month ago.

They had been feeling around with their feet for several hours trying to find the ring which was lost in about 4 feet of water.

When I arrived, the father asked me if my metal detector would be able to find his ring. I told him that with any luck, he would have his ring back.

They gave me a general area of where the ring was lost and in less than 10 minutes, they had their ring back.

The wife was so happy she hugged me. They offered me $50 but I refused telling them that I had fun looking for it. I then said to pay it forward. If anyone they meet needs help, help them.

I really enjoyed the hunt and especially the hug. The wife was a real looker with a very tiny bikini. That hug alone was worth the effort!

Way to go on the ring find. That is what the hobby needs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to Pete (Erikk) :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I agree with the refusing money for the most part, I think if I were to drive that far due to a request/ad, gas money wouldnt be a bad think to offer/take...
Gas money is the only reason I am not on the beaches every day (until I get cleared for work anyway)...

Good job and great story...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions