Special Day!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, Wednesday I was out mowing one of our Parks and counting down the minutes to lunch. I was hungry, but not for food. I love to metal detect during my lunch break as I don't get to do much during the weekend. I was swinging the Ace 250 for about ten minutes when I get one of those solid lock on nickel readings from both directions. I have come to learn that most of the rings I have ever found with the 250 have been in the nickel range. I dug down about 3 inches and out popped a beautiful Ladies 10k 2009 Gold class ring from the local high school :headbang: It was embossed with the girls first name and High School and had a gorgeous blue ice stone with four side diamonds. On the inside it was inscribed with her whole name and I knew I had a Good chance of returning it. When I got home, I checked the white pages of the internet for the last name and found a listing for a lady with the same last name who lived about ten minutes from the school. I dialed the number and after a few rings a Lady answered. I introduced myself and asked if she knew a girl with this name and she cautiously said that she was her mother. I then said that I found this class ring with her name on it and asked if she had lost one. Next I heard this loud scream and a "Ole my God" you got to be kidding! She said that her daughter lost it about 1 & 1/2 years ago playing Lacross. I made arrangements for her to come over and pick it up and within 40 minutes, she pulled into my driveway. Out of the car steps this very nice Lady with a beautiful Virginia accent. She introduced herself and said her name was Tonya and when she saw the ring again, she looked like she was going to cry. Her daughter was on her way home from collage and she couldn't wait to hand it back to her. She tried to give me something, but I said seeing her happy was more than enough for me. We talked some more and hugged and said our goodbye's and out the driveway she went. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to make someone else happy in this world. I will never forget it. Peace :angel7: Paul :coffee2:

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 388

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring :icon_thumleft: and good dead ;D MR TUFF

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring and very good deed ! :icon_thumright:
Glen

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB PAUL!!!!!!!!!!

You made all of us look good today. And you made some one Else's day a lot better too!

Thanks!

Bob

OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello and Thank all of you very much! I have been Blessed so much in my life, not only with people I see every day, but all of you as well :icon_sunny: May God shine his face upon you :angel7: Paul :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread