Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It tuff to be honest. Walked out of the store, got in my Pickup, looked up after putting my seat belt on and there it was, a wallet. It was just dropped because I was in the store for just a couple of minutes. I looked in the wallet to check to see if it was tossed there after all the stuff was taken. Nope lots of money, credit cards. etc. Since I know the clerks in the store and they are very honest I turned it in to them. I could have been richer but gilt would have been with me for a long time.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally dont carry a wallet. Just put my $$$$ I mean cents in my front pocket. :laughing7:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans said:
It tuff to be honest. Walked out of the store, got in my Pickup, looked up after putting my seat belt on and there it was, a wallet.
Last year I saw a wallet in the street as I was driving the main blvd. I pulled over and walked back about a block to where it was. The wallet was there and so was a lot of papers. It had been driven over and most of the contents were everywhere. So I waited for traffic to disappear then ran out and grabbed a few things and ran back. I had to do this three times before I could get everything. It was right in front of a bank and I could tell he had just stopped at the ATM. He either rode a bike or had put his wallet on the roof of his car. But his address was over 25 miles away. I knew a cop in this town I was in so went over to the station and asked for him. He wasn't on duty so I gave the wallet to the Sargent on duty and I got the 3rd degree. Next time I will just drop the wallet in a mailbox. It didn't have a lot of money but did have license, union card and credit cards, which would be a hassle to replace.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans.
Honesty and good character cannot be bought for any amount of money. You did the right thing, Buddy. Congratulations. You passed the "test". :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread