Wallet with $300/Middle of Road

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I'm going to tell this story for Goingdown because he's too humble to post it. He just called me and told me a cool story -- he drives around most of the day for work and was going along this major road on the east side of the Hudson River in upstate NY and saw a large wallet in the middle of the road. He turned around and got it and it had a woman's ID and all the credit cards and $300 in cash. It was just a few miles away from the house on her ID, so he drives over there and it's a nice house on the Hudson and the nanny answers the door and he asks for the phone number to call the woman. As he's telling me the story I'm trying to figure out how this wallet ended up in the middle of a major road - was she on a motorcycle, was she the victim of a crime (probably not with the money in there). So he talks to her and she is thrilled because she had been to the bank to get money to pay someone for something and had left the wallet on top of the car, drove down the road and it flew off at some point. She told him to take $20 out for his troubles, but he didn't (come on, dude, nothing wrong with accepting a small reward)...anyway, he deserves a pat on the back for a deed well done. Unfortunately, her house was newer or (the first thing I asked) he would have asked for permission to detect. (The perfect reward could have resulted in a letter to Penthouse, but since this is a family site I won't get into that.)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding ! Love to hear when people do the right thing!!

Keychainman

Oct 20, 2008
Petal, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. I'm a true believer in this (WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND) Tell Goingdown that I vote for him an honorable mention.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bergie said:
(The perfect reward could have resulted in a letter to Penthouse, but since this is a family site I won't get into that.)

I literally L O L 'd haha

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Another 4-h Good Deed award!

Thank you for making a difference!

Attachments

• 1000 4-h Good Deeds award.jpg
    1000 4-h Good Deeds award.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 627
F

Felinepeachy

Outstanding Goingdown!! :hello2: :hello2:

As far as treasure hunting goes, sounds like he's storing up his treasures in heaven. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions