Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up this morning an headed down to the river to do my first water hunt of the year .....Water felt nice an was cool to see my hunting groupies all the fish lol . Things started off very mellow a pull tab here a beer bottle cap there a penny every so often , oooo hey a quarter an another pull tab . Like I say normal mellow hunting .I got a weird tone an picked up a 1952 Canadian dime , a first for me .(alltho I did find a 2004 Canadian dime as I was headed out of the water ) Things started to pick up I found a $1 bill on the beach , about 20 ft away found another in the water .WooHoo into the big money lol ;D

Total today is $2.91 in clad ....1 ;D 1945 Merc ;D ....1 Canadian 1952 Dime

I'm scooting along waiting for my first Gold of the year to pop up when I got a very faint strange tone , I dig a scoop it gets louder 3 more scoops later the tone is still in the hole an I'm thinking to myself great this deep its a beer can some idiot has buried . I go for another scoop an hit something pull back get my scoop an pull it up , as the sand is clearing away its a wallet .....I pull this wallet out an the first sign of interesting find comes to view ....its a ATF Badge ......yes you read that right . I walk up to the bank an set my gear down an start checking out this wallet, ......no cash but plenty of personal credit cards ATF cards drivers license , SS card , ATF Badge , pics of the family etc , all Indiana Adrresses .. I was totally stunned .Have you ever found something an the hair on your neck stands up an you get kind of a funky feeling or bad vibe ? Well I got that .

I stopped a local Sheriff driving threw the park as I was on my way out an turned it over to him , lol I told him what I had an he had that look of ya ya sure ya do , I handed it to him an his jaw dropped lol...long story short he got all my info thanked me an said he would make sure it got to the owner .

So theres my interesting hunt of the day . Sorry I didn't have my Camera on me but here's a pic of the Badge that was in the wallet .

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• USA_-_ATF_Badge.png
    USA_-_ATF_Badge.png
    419.2 KB · Views: 1,459

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, Great find, Congratulations. Sure hope you get a nice reply from the owner. That would be nice of him!!

HH,Ringfinder

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Hope those bad vibes don't turn out to be for a reason. Is your area a known hangout for drug smugglers ? It's very strange that all his personal stuff was left in the wallet but NO cash.. Turning it over to the sherrif was the right thing to do. I just hope the owner of the wallet isn't missing as well.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
dfx willy said:
i just wonder if the cop took full credit???????????? :laughing7: :laughing7: awesome story!! willy
What kind of a comment is that?
One thing I have noticed about this hobby is that it draws alot of law enforcement people to it . I'm not in law enforcement myself but I don't think that kind of comment was called for and I doubt they appreciate it either. When I find myself in need of help in an emergency they are the first I think to call and I will never forget the help I recieve.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet your mind was running about 6-8 different
directions when you looked into the wallet and saw
that badge!! You always seem to find some extremely
interesting things when you hunt and I always enjoy
reading about them. HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. I'll bet not many of those are found by those in the hobby.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah! Tank! :hello:
Interesting?

I'd say Amazing buddy!

What you did, just landed you an honorable mention friend :hello2:
I just voted :notworthy:

That's two badges I have seen posted this year...Your's...and Mine :D

Great find man.

MMS

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Thanks everyone , I was totally shocked seeing this go to Honorable Mention. :icon_thumleft:

Well lets see where do I begin , I don't mind who gets credit for finding the Wallet ID an Badge to the agent it belonged to .Here on the Border the way things are My only hope is he just lost it an end of story .

I have to admit I'm still tickled over my finds today not just the wallet , the silver was cool to . To me it would be very cool if everything was returned an he sent me a thank you note but hey just knowing its in better hands for reaching him than mine makes me feel better . We tell each other an everyone else "you'll never know what the next signal you dig is until you dig it " Man no truer words have been spoken an the reason I love this Hobby .

Once again that you everyone for your comments an putting me on the Honorable Mention .

HH Tank :icon_thumright:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
HCW said:
dfx willy said:
i just wonder if the cop took full credit???????????? :laughing7: :laughing7: awesome story!! willy
One thing I have noticed about this hobby is that it draws alot of law enforcement people to it . I'm not in law enforcement myself but I don't think that kind of comment was called for and I doubt they appreciate it either. When I find myself in need of help in an emergency they are the first I think to call and I will never forget the help I recieve.
oh sorry mister sensitive! you cant tell me the thought wouldnt of crossed your mind? and just so you know ! my nephew is a state cop!

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
Tank, your profile says Yuma AZ, did you find this in AZ ? Several years ago in Glendale AZ, a neighbor of mine, an ATF agent, lost a wallet with badge due to theft... I don't feel right posting any details but the initials would be CB, if that makes sense...

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey EdleBrock , I got you an no this was not the one your looking for sorry .

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
dfx willy said:
HCW said:
dfx willy said:
oh sorry mister sensitive! you cant tell me the thought wouldnt of crossed your mind? and just so you know ! my nephew is a state cop!
No, the thought didn't cross my mind.

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero
Hey Tank, this is a very surprising and interesting find. If you hear any feedback from the badge let us know.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
Hope those bad vibes don't turn out to be for a reason. Is your area a known hangout for drug smugglers ? It's very strange that all his personal stuff was left in the wallet but NO cash.. Turning it over to the sherrif was the right thing to do. I just hope the owner of the wallet isn't missing as well.

I returned a wallet to someone yesterday containing credit cards, drivers license, SS card etc. but NO cash. It turns out that there was NO cash in it when he lost it. Some people just don't carry it in their wallet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread