markgPA

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Re: My First GOLD

Hi everyone.
Thanks for all the great posts. I'm still tickled about the find. Just an update on the return story, I couldnt find his home number or address, but left a message at his work. I've gotten no reply, but was told he would be hard to get because he teaches in the prison and can't receive calls in his area. I'm going to call his work again today and ask if he has email. I hope the ring is his! Its kind of fun playing P.I.
I'll keep you posted on the return.
Thanks again everyone.
HH
Mark G.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

congrats on the gold!i found a class ring last year at a soccer field and was able to return it so good luck!

peace,bigrig

B

brz

Awesome, your first gold, and a chance to make someone a very happy person. Its a very rewarding part of this life. Good luck and HH. Brian

Ray-King

Hiya Mark,
Congrats on your first GOLD.!!! WTG.
Hope you have some luck finding the owner, but if not then, WHAT A NICE KEEPER.!!!
All the very best to you and keep up the good work.
Happy hunting too.
Ray.

OP
OP
markgPA

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE

Hi everyone
Just wanted to share the happy ending to my find on 3/17.
I spoke to the rings owner yesterday and he was amazed when I called him. He remembered losing the ring in 1974 and looked for hours in the field. He was so happy he told me he called his mother last night (she was real mad when he lost it).
Ironically he was coming to town today to visit family and he stopped by my office. We spent over an hour and a half talking. He told me he recently lost his father and sister and started getting choked up. I realized how much the ring meant to him.
He left a short time ago, WEARING his ring.
When I bought a detector, I had grand visions of FINDING tons of lost items and getting excited. It's pretty sweeeeeeet to RETURN something too.
Thanks for everyones great replys. I'm hooked for life.
Happy hunting to all!
Mark G

Attachments

• return.jpg
    return.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,405

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hopefully the prisoners don't steal it from him. :-) You should call your local paper. Ask for the news editor.

B

brz

Finding the gold is awesome, but returning it to the person that lost it (priceless) WTG!!! ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats outstanding!! you done real real good!! good karma will be coming your for sure. you deserve it! ;)

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
In most hobbies and sports there is a winner and a loser. In this one, both the winner and the loser can be winners. And it's even fun for the spectators. What a great way to remember your first gold find. Thanks for posting a great story.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
What a great story! I think you should get a brownie(not button, but real brownie) for that!! ;D ;D ;D ANd twenty two years later to boot!

Happy Hunting!
Moon

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool ending Mark,I know it's gotta feel good inside.You did a great job....WTG and HH!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Way beyond excellent Mark...I believe we reap what we sow....so you should have a bountiful harvest of treasure that you can actually keep coming your way !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread