tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On July 14th I was working the dry sand and hit a volleyball court. Low and behold I found my first class ring. I female's HS ring. 10k white gold, 6 grams with initials. That evening I googled the school and found a fellow associated with it's alumni. I called and left a message including my email and the initials inside the ring. The next day I got an email from a young lady who described the ring perfectly. I emailed her back and assured her it would be in the mail soon. She lost it while on vacation a week and a half prior to me finding it. I have been in contact with her mother assuring her as well it's not a scam.

Then yesterday morning I was in chest deep water and got a great signal. After about 4 scoops I saw the beautiful color of gold in the bottom of my scoop. It was large ;D. Then I saw the helmet and shield recognizing it immediately as a West Point class ring ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. It's 14K, 30 grams with 2 small diamonds ;D ;D ;D with full name inscribed. I knew at once the only thing I could do with this once in a life time find was to hunt down the owner and return it. I erased the melt value of $640.00 from my mind.

I contacted the manager's office of the hotel adjacent to where I was hunting and asked if they had had anyone report a lost class ring and gave them the last name from inside the ring. After several hours of no response I called the desk and asked for the young man's room. I figured since it was class of 2010 it was a recent drop and he was probably still on the island. They had no guest by that name. Later I found an organization that is dedicated to the recovery of West Point class rings. I had resign myself that I would just send them the ring. West Point class rings are steep in tradition and there are sections of museums dedictaed to them.

That evening I googled the young man's name and got a match on a Facebook site. I pulled up his site and saw a picture of 2 soldiers and his location was listed as West Point, NY. I sent him a message asking if he had recently lost his class ring and within 5 minutes he responded that he had and asked if I had it. I asked him to describe it, which he did. He also provided his phone number. I called him and he described the circumstances as to it going missing. As some of you may have guessed there was booze and women involved :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:.

He and his buddy came down here for spring break in March with his parents. One night at about 1 a.m. he was frolicking on the beach with some young ladies and the once well fitting ring went flying into the caribbean ocean. He said they looked around feeling with their toes for about 2 hours then gave up.

I assured him it would be in the mail. I'm off for the next 2 days so I hoping to get both rings packed up and in the mail. It's been a good month for me but I think an even better one for the kids who are about to get their rings back.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,193
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 4,196

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on these incredible finds. Send a message with the rings asking the individuals to get a pic of them with their rings.

:wink: RR

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I submitted this for an Honorable Mention. Very nice finds!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tnt-k9 said:
hoping to get both rings packed up and in the mail.

Awsome ! Let us know when you get them sent out.

Jeff

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I click the 'nominate for banner' button then type Honorable Mention in the text field.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Posts Needed

Jeff,

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,337882.0.html

There was a story this weekend about the HS class ring I found and returned recently. The owner of the West Point Ring e-mailed me acknowledging receipt and promised to send me a pic of him and his dsd together. His father is also a West Point Grad. However, I've yet to get anything from him.

Here's the link to the HS ring found. http://www.wkyc.com/video/default.a...runswick/52842945001/52747301001/585038699001

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Wonderful!

That West Point ring has to be one of the nicest gold rings I've ever seen.

Jim

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply fantastic!!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring find! Congrats! Well done on the returns!!!! :icon_thumright: :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :headbang:

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Good job TNT, you have done very good. My son is a 1992 West Point graduate and he also lost his ring but not accidentally lost, it was stolen from his home while he was stationed at Naples, Italy while assigned with NATO. The thiefs also took his high school ring, other jewelry, tv set, computer, clothes and some old coins I had given him, he never found them, Italian police didn't seem to care. Just wanted to say thank you for making a couple of people happy. HH John

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009
:icon_Milford: You sir are to be commendent for your honorable actions. A West Point ring value is in what it stands for and represents. As a fellow soldier, I salute you for your kind deed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread