Heavy platinum and 18K gold ring
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Heavy platinum and 18K gold ring

My hunting buddy Rick got a call two nights ago from the owner of the local East Coast metal detecting shop with information about a lost ring. We went out yesterday morning and searched for about 3 hours, then the guy who lost it showed up. As we were standing at the waters edge talking to him about where he might have lost it, I swung my coil over the wet sand and got a strong signal. One scoop, dumped over on the beach, and I saw a bright "silver" circle in the sand. I said "well, this is probably it" and picked it up. It was inscribed inside and he told me what it said, so I handed it over to him - he was shocked that I found it right in front of him as he looked on.

His wife gave me a $40 reward, which I split with my friend Rick as we had both worked hard looking for it.

As much as I would have loved to find a big heavy platinum and white gold ring like that and be able to keep it, it was pretty neat to be able to hand it over to the guy who lost it and see how happy it made him and his wife (and mother and grandmother - the were all there in a rental house right on the beach).

The ring...

The very happy couple - their wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend, so the return of their ring was even that much more special to them...

Me with the happy couple (I guess my wife has been right all along - I do look pretty goofy in my detecting duds)...

Reward dough...

Thanks for looking, and Happy Hunting!

Jim

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2629 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Heavy platinum and 18K gold ring

Great recovery!!!! they both look very happy that you found it for them!!! Chug and Red
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Joe

Sep 2007
    Long Beach, California
    XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
    900 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

Hey Big Congrats! on a job well done!

It does feel good ... I can tell from your smile . Hey you are just wearing your pro outfit it's not goofy at all.

Also brings to mind that engraving inside a ring is a good, good idea.

HH Joe
    Regards, Joe (California)

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    122 times
    Banner Finds (1)

WTG on finding and returning the ring and you do NOT look goofy! If anyone looks goofy out there hunting - it's me. **sigh**

Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    Tuberale

May 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    White's Coinmaster Pro
    776 times

Goofy? No. Professional? Yes. Just forgot to wear your tie.

us
    Feb 2010
    Port Saint Lucie Florida
    Minelab Excalibur 2
    17 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by time4me
    My hunting buddy Rick got a call two nights ago from the owner of the local East Coast metal detecting shop with information about a lost ring. We went out yesterday morning and searched for about 3 hours, then the guy who lost it showed up. As we were standing at the waters edge talking to him about where he might have lost it, I swung my coil over the wet sand and got a strong signal. One scoop, dumped over on the beach, and I saw a bright "silver" circle in the sand. I said "well, this is probably it" and picked it up. It was inscribed inside and he told me what it said, so I handed it over to him - he was shocked that I found it right in front of him as he looked on.

His wife gave me a $40 reward, which I split with my friend Rick as we had both worked hard looking for it.

As much as I would have loved to find a big heavy platinum and white gold ring like that and be able to keep it, it was pretty neat to be able to hand it over to the guy who lost it and see how happy it made him and his wife (and mother and grandmother - the were all there in a rental house right on the beach).

The ring...

The very happy couple - their wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend, so the return of their ring was even that much more special to them...

Me with the happy couple (I guess my wife has been right all along - I do look pretty goofy in my detecting duds)...

Reward dough...

Thanks for looking, and Happy Hunting!

Jim
    Great job you two. I have never even seen a platinum ring before. That is awesome that you found it right in front of him. Did he happen to tell you how he thinks he lost it? I am curious about that. Congrats to the both of you guys. Dave P.

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P

Great job you two. I have never even seen a platinum ring before. That is awesome that you found it right in front of him. Did he happen to tell you how he thinks he lost it? I am curious about that. Congrats to the both of you guys. Dave P.
    Hi Dave,

He said he was playing catch with a football about waist deep in the water, and the football hit his hand and knocked the ring off his finger.

Jim

se
    Aug 2010
    Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
    27 times

Nice find, an good reward!
    When you just pulling up pulltabs or junk, you know your gonna hit something else soon!

us
    Apr 2008
    Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
    E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
    23 times

Great job, Jim!!!

WTG!!!
    God bless our veterans! Thank you for your sacrifices!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links