Pocketbook found and Returned at Va. Beach

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
Had fun at the Beach metal detecting, The beach had lot of brothers and sisters from the hobby there swinging and digging, some locals and some from out of town. Everyone one I talked to was having luck . I had already found 3 or 4 rings but only one was 10k white gold, and a pocket full of clad and other cheap jewelry. That's when it all happened, I got a signal just under the sand, barely covered, it was a young ladies pocketbook and it was full on everything. It had her School ID card, Credit cards, Dept card, SS card, Cash, Full of clad, Drivers license, and photos. So I headed back the the Condo to see if we could find her on-line being that the young lady lived locally. So my wife started looking on FaceBook, found her and made contact. About a hour later the pocketbook was safe and back with the rightful owner. Now that my friend, is a Great feeling :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 459
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 441
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 436

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that made her day, aswell as yours. :icon_thumleft:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting, outstanding finds and a great return !!:o I'll say Honorable Mention is in order, great job !!! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D :hello2:

unearthed

Nov 29, 2008
Yellow Tavern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Wilson R&C III, Minelab Safari, X-Terra 70, Xp Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for returning that young lady's purse; stuff like this only helps promote our hobby.
If there were a grand award for such a thing; you, sir would certainly deserve it.

unearthed

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job !!!!!

High fives too you....

OP
OP
Mike K in Va.

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
Thanks everyone, But i just returned it like any of you would have. The smile on her face was worth anything else i could have found. She offered a rewarded, but the smile was payment enough. HH and be safe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread