Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Yesterday morning went out for a short hunt and found a police badge. Sorry could'nt post yet say pic is to large to display but will try again. So does anybody know what they are made of. Nickel? I googled Ga-rel and they make custom badges and have been in buisness for 60 years but don't know what they aremade of.I have cleaned it with water so it looks pretty good missing the state seal though.
oh there is 0139 under the maker would that be the badge number for the patrolman?

Attachments

• DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,257

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: police badge (pic added)

Awesome find Monte. :thumbsup:
Maybe you can find the owner? :dontknow:
Congrats,
MM

Attachments

• DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,166

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

They would be made of brass. Finding the owner would be tough because the number was on a separate piece that was mounted in the circle.

Perhaps the sign of foul play? You may wish to turn that one into the Yardley PD to see if there are any old cases involving a missing officer or something.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

Neil in West Jersey said:
They would be made of brass. Finding the owner would be tough because the number was on a separate piece that was mounted in the circle.

Perhaps the sign of foul play? You may wish to turn that one into the Yardley PD to see if there are any old cases involving a missing officer or something.

More than likely, just a missing badge but you might want to turn it in if it is a current badge. Police departments tend to not like people walking around with anything that could be used to impersonate an officer, even if it's completely innocent.

ohiograndpa

May 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice Badge...In the center it's either missing the State Shield ( Usually that) on the type badge you found. Or, It might have had a number. Thats not likely though.....small departments usually do not have Numbers on their badges.

It would be interesting to find out how it came to be in the ground.. LOST ? STOLEN ?........ Collectors ??... Discarded non current Shield of the Department ?

Yardley PA.... Yardley is a borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The small community of Yardley is bordered by the Delaware River and Ewing, New Jersey on the east, and by Lower Makefield Township on the north, west, and south. The population was 2,498 at the 2000 census.

OP
OP
70monte68

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Re: police badge (pic added) and badge returned!

Today I returned the badge. I went to the Yardley borough police dept. and asked if I could see the Chief because I had a gift for him. Turned out he remembered the incident from 20 years ago. Said that there was a high speed chase that went thru 5 towns back in 1990. The chase ended when the suspects bailed from the car and ran between the house and barn(where I found it). I was told that one shot was fired and they were apprehended on the other side of a neighboring golf course. Of course I can't describe the story as well as the Chief, or the emotion in the room when I returned it but what a great feeling it is to do the right thing.
HH
Don

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup: :notworthy:

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

There hasn't been much on the honourable mention section lately.
I think this could stand to be there.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done. Honorable mention!!! :thumbsup:
-MM-

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Job well done, all the way around! I nominate or Honorable mention as well! :thumbsup:

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Re: police badge (pic added) and badge returned!

70monte68 said:
Today I returned the badge. I went to the Yardley borough police dept. and asked if I could see the Chief because I had a gift for him. Turned out he remembered the incident from 20 years ago. Said that there was a high speed chase that went thru 5 towns back in 1990. The chase ended when the suspects bailed from the car and ran between the house and barn(where I found it). I was told that one shot was fired and they were apprehended on the other side of a neighboring golf course. Of course I can't describe the story as well as the Chief, or the emotion in the room when I returned it but what a great feeling it is to do the right thing.

awesome story and kuddos to you, you'll hvae a very merry christmas !
HH
Don

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv

I Am Honestly Amased At The People Here There Should Be a Story In The Paper Too Front Page Gets My Vote :hello2:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

mickk

Jul 23, 2006

Sweet mate, no speeding fines for you in Yardley!

ohiograndpa

May 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: Nice follow up Story Monte. I'm curious was the number missing or was it a State Shield in the middle ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread