Returned 2 rings in 4 days

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Last week I found a young lady's class ring (Jessica) and I have been trying to locate her. I thought I found "dad" on Facebook - shot in the dark. Well Monday I received a phone call from her dad. Jessica had lost her ring on an outing to the beach with her friends in the Summer of 2008. The ring was a pre-graduation gift to her from her grandmother (dad's mom).
We arranged to meet at the local YMCA today to return the ring. I pulled into a parking spot beside dad's truck, got out and introduced myself to dad - BIG burly and obviously had never spent any time at the Y, or barber shop, or dentist, or...... We chatted for a while and bluntly he ask "You got the ring?". I pulled it from my pocket, he took a quick glance and said "yup".
Then he surprised me, "Jessica is in the truck and she has no idea who you are or why we are here". Dad yelled at Jessica, she got out of the truck and dad introduced us and said "this feller has something for you". She was floored !! Made my day.
Sunday my brother-in-law called in a tizzy "I lost my wedding band during a snow ball fight, can you find it?" I was there maybe 10 min before I had a solid signal on the Ace 250 that I had my brother-in-law dig in the snow for. Bingo.
I guess treasure comes in many forms.

HH Ya'll
Flip Flop

Attachments

• a ring.JPG
    a ring.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 758
  • b ring.JPG
    b ring.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 695
  • a ring.JPG
    a ring.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 679
  • b ring.JPG
    b ring.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 685

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job flip flop. I was starting to think the guy was just trying to take you for the ring. Did you post the class ring last week? You ought to give the link if you did. Nice job on returning the peoples property. Good story too :laughing9:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deed and nice rings, FF :thumbsup: Got my vote for honorable mention. Maybe you can post of picture of that happy girl :icon_sunny: ???

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think this an Honorable Mention. Good on you for returning it!

T

tink

NICE GUY! :icon_thumleft: I like finding good stuff too but there are things like that that you know meant something to someone and occasionaly there are ways to find the owner. It took that young lady at least 13 yrs. to earn her ring and a gift from gramma memory is attached to it and now another memory of how complete strangers can do good deeds just because it's who they are inside. :hello:

OP
OP
flip flop

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks everyone, but ya'll would have done the same.
BTW thanks for the HM votes guys.
I had every intention of getting a picture, until I saw her reaction. Nah I don't need pic, I'll remember that for a long time.
Flip Flop

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, two ring returns!! It doesn't get any better than that. Glad it all turned out well for you.

Sometimes it doesn't. I have had my share of good returns and bad ones. Sometimes while detecting in the water, people think it's your job to find a ring that they lost while swimming. One time that happened to me, some guy came over to me and said, hey I lost a ring over there, go look for it. MMMMM he didn't say could you Please look for it, he just told me to go look for it. I did find it, he grabbed the ring, gave it to his GF, and left, no thank you, no nothing.

So, I'm real glad your experience turned out good. I'm including a picture of a Ring I found last winter, that a fellow lost in the snow. I never did get a Thank You from him, but I did get my picture in the Garrett Newsletter sent out to all detector people. That was the best Thank You.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Denny Finding Wedding Ring, close up.jpg
    Denny Finding Wedding Ring, close up.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 345
OP
OP
flip flop

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow Ring, that is really sucks you were treated that way. Some folks out there just need smacked in the head with a shovel.
What part of Ohio are you in?
BTW nice pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions