gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A man named Thomas contacted our detecting club's past president and founder asking for some assistance in finding his lost wedding ring. I responded with an Email to him and soon we had a date to meet so he could show me the area where he had lost it the previous summer. As we all know, things change as far as landmarks go, but he felt confident that the area we were to search was the correct place. I gridded the area that he indicated for about 4 hours finding 2 other .925 rings, some pocket change, some bottle cap twist-offs and the usual other stuff. But no ring that belonged to him. We just figured that after almost a year, someone else had already recovered it so we called it a day and went our separate ways. For whatever reason, I decided to go back to that area the following day and expand the search area in the opposite direction mainly to satisfy my own feelings that I had done the best for him that I could. I had made about 3-4 passes in a grid pattern on the opposite side of the tree where we were the day before and got the tone from my Explorer SE that I was waiting to hear.....pinpointed the target and dug down about 2 inches and there was the Platinum ring with the Gold inset. I called him when I got home, asked him to describe it in detail.....the description matched, so I asked him when he would like to have his ring back. TOTAL SILENCE for a minute....he then said...."you are serious...you really found it"!! The rest is in the pictures and yes, it felt good to return something precious to him.
Thanks for looking and HH to all. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Attachments

• P2230176.JPG
    P2230176.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 718
  • P2240178.JPG
    P2240178.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 682
  • P2240179.JPG
    P2240179.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 677
  • P2240177.JPG
    P2240177.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 775

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
Good job on returning the ring :icon_thumright: The feeling of filling someones heart with happiness is memorable. I've done it a few times, and to date I still tell those stories of the look they have on their faces when I give back their ring. It's like I completed them again. Congratulations on the silver rings as a reward for work well done.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job ! And not only do you make your self look good in service , you make the rest of us look good also. And this man will tell people every time something comes up about his ring and how it was found . And things like this will make it easier for Detectors like us not look so bad to the towns parks and yards that we hunt in.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
You Sir are a good man. Not too many folks would take the time to help a stranger these days unfortunately. And your added persistence says something about your character as well.
Kudos to you!!!

OP
OP
gold nuggets

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big Thank You to all that replied to this post. It was
an experience that I would gladly have many more times.
HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

ihavetone

Oct 24, 2010
Newark, Ohio
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
awesome job.... those kind of smiles are only matched by the one my wife gets when talking about our twins.... priceless memory

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to you for helping to shine a positive light on our hobby :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread