Helping Hand ... Found a Water Line for a Friend!

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy Tim (one of my church members ... I'm his pastor) called me today and asked me if I could help him. He needed to find a deep water line in order to do some work on it. He was reasonably sure that his telephone line was buried in the same trench, and was hoping that I could locate it with my detector.

So, I hopped in my vehicle and took off for his farm. It only took about fifteen minutes to get onto a whisper of a straight-line signal. So, Tim dug, and within seconds we saw the phone line … roughly 11-12 inches deep. Then Tim proceeded with caution and a few minutes later we saw that beautiful, white PVC in the bottom of the hole … every bit of 30 inches deep.

Here’s a pic:
tims-hole.jpg

And here I am with my MXT, so proud that I could deliver some much-needed assistance to a friend!
me-and-my-mxt.jpg

The moral of this story? Your detector can do a lot more than just find treasure. Sometimes it can help SAVE a friend a pile of cash!

Happy hunting!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Awesome job man :icon_thumright:

Did the same thing for a neighbor a year ago, first time I met the guy. Turned out he owned an old church, general store, house and garage. I now have sole permission to detect them and have been pulling nice finds over the last year from them!

Sometimes thinking outside the box with the detector will open up new worlds you could have never imagined!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread