Gold Wedding Band Recovered (and Returned)!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
003.jpg

I finally got a chance to try out the Excalibur on a busy swimming beach this evening after a beautiful day of lounging at The Shore. After the holiday weekend crowd began to thin out, I went to my car and broke out the Minelab to give it a try. I was digging plenty of clad and a DEEP nickel (it was well over a foot down), when a dude came over and asked if I could find his wedding band, dropped in the sand the day before.

About 5 minutes later I had it in my scoop! Unfortunately by then it was high tide, above the blanket line, and the water was a bit too chilly for me to take the plunge for any dropped jewelry.

004.jpg

I also thought I had my first gold coin...for about 3 seconds. It looked too thick, and then I saw "2 Euros" on it. I flipped it over and saw the foil peeled back, exposing the sweet chocolate center! YUM!!

004.jpg
005.jpg

I always feel good about recovering someone's lost property, so I consider this a successful hunt.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty amazing recovery! That is almost like using a time machine and going back to see where he lost the item. Nice job. I can't believe the crowd the beaches attract. No wonder you guys have some luck. Tough break on the gold coin. I read a story once though where club members played tricks on each other with these chocolate coins and one day this guy found one that turned out to be real.

Don
HH

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Neil...you made a couple very happy.
And you ended up with a sweet reward as well LOL
Thanks for sharing this post. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread