Here is one of the better reasons why I do this...

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week... I found a mans wedding ring that has been lost since 2003...

It's funny I went out there for a job... And naturally this kind of thing comes up in the conversation... Well with me it does...

He told me his little girl was playing with it and naturally lost it... first he said she might of dropped it in a hole in this oak tree... well it was only a small one and I said my detector would scan through it easy... then he said she also tried to feed it to the chickens... and he showed me where the chicken coop was... so I promptly said let me look for it! I first scanned the tree.... nothing, then I started searching around it... not much here either at least nothing I would dig... then I started heading toward the chicken coop 30 feet away and was scanning as I went that way... there were signals along the way but I didn't dig them.. they didn't feel right... as I got to the chicken coop area nothing came up there either... until I got to the end of where it stood... and I said well this signal was worth digging! even though it was a broken signal I wanted to dig something so I said let me dig this one. one scoop of dirt and I shoved the pin pointer in... and ope pops this wedding ring! and he asks what is it... and I said nonchalantly its a ring and I handed it to him thinking it can't be this easy. I really didn't expect to find it... but there it was.

Neither did he seeing his reaction... He shed a tear or two when I handed it to him.
He even said he loved me! LoL... all I could say I'm glad I could do it for you.

I am so glad I do this kind of thing!

and this whole event took a whole 5 minutes!

Chukers

Attachments

• Ring.JPG
    Ring.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 751

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
A wonderful story Chukers!
I can imagine the look on his face, good job! :thumbsup://Tsh

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you did good when you see tears start ! Honorable mention 100%

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Just nominated this for Honorable Mention! Great find of a nice ring! I would've loved seeing him show that ring to his wife and daughter, you sure made their day! HH Andi

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a wonderful thing you did for the man Chukers ! :notworthy:

I only hope that I can do the same for somebody one day! :icon_thumright:

Dave

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the HM and the compliments... its really not deserving... I was just at the right place at the right time...

Chukers

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: No...it was already written in the book of life that you would be there on that day for that particular reason.
Great recovery sir.

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Chukers! Man you must have treasure sense! Passed all those other targets for just the right one! Well done!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spitfire55 said:
:thumbsup: No...it was already written in the book of life that you would be there on that day for that particular reason.
Great recovery sir.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicago Ron said:
Nice job Chukers! Man you must have treasure sense! Passed all those other targets for just the right one! Well done!

I don't know about that... I think I was just in the right place at the right time. and I am glad I was.

Chukers

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
That's awesome Chuckers. I've yet to find anything that could be returned but it must feel great to make someones day like that. Way to go!!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwb83 said:
That's awesome Chuckers. I've yet to find anything that could be returned but it must feel great to make someones day like that. Way to go!!! :icon_thumleft:

It does... it really does... now that I have... the kindness has been returned to me... I have found a gold ring for me to keep! and the owner of the ring I returned is finding old homesteads for me to hunt in his area...(1860's) see doing something kind for others does make a difference in more ways than one!

Chukers

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done sir. I am with you. It is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions