Storm, Diamond, and a quick return!.........

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Lake MI with 3 friends yesterday. We were in the water about 8:20 am. About 30 minutes in I scooped up a beautiful Tungsten Carbide wedding ring with a diamond. 30 minutes later I could hear distant thunder. I kept watching to the West as it was getting darker. Then when the darkness and thunder was closing fast we all got out of the water and headed for the van. About 20 or so other beach goers did the same. Well we got to the van and started to put away the gear so we could get in before the storm hit. Some other folks were near us and one of the ladies asked, Did you guys find a wedding band.
We said what did it look like. She said my husband lost his two days ago and then she described it exactly. So I started to reach in my pouch and you could see their excitement! The young lady who I gave it back to was the wife of the guy who lost it. She said it was a size 16! His mother was also there and they were so happy.
We got out the cameras and took some pics and got some hugs then everyone jumped into the cars because the front of that storm hit full force! It looked like a dust storm on the desert with all the sand in the air. Then the rain, lightening and wind started rocking my fully loaded van so I turned it into the wind so we could wait out the storm. The return took less than 5 minutes because of the storm, but I was very happy to return yet another ring and make someone very happy! We did get back to detecting an hour later but stayed out of the water. The four of us nabbed a total of 6 rings, 2 ear rings and over 200 coins.
The storm did cause damage all over lower MI.

Attachments

• DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC01226.JPG
    DSC01226.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC01226.JPG
    DSC01226.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 301

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome Mike, you're a shining example for the hobby. How many ring returns do you think you've had since you started detecting?

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
postalgriff said:
awesome Mike, you're a shining example for the hobby. How many ring returns do you think you've had since you started detecting?

Not sure? Had 3 last year and 2 made it into a magazine! 2 in the last two weeks. Found a big beautiful gold necklace for a gal at lake MI a couple years ago, plus other rings and jewelry, keyes, etc.... Not sure but sure love making others happy!
Was hoping for Honerable mention on this one too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread