Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randazzo returned $820.00 he found in the bottom of a shoe box full of camera parts -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/417679-820-00-shoe-box.html

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
four score and 7 years ago i found 2 wallets and returned them to their owners.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://s.silive.com/Gnm4Bie Hi, My name is Ray Terwilliger---I am on treasure net as Basssmann ---Metal Detecting in Catskills in up-state N.Y. for 25 years. Found and returned
a class ring this year.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jeff, I posted, last August, of a 1951 class ring I found in "today's finds" with pics and a story of the return. I did ask the gentleman if he would let me take a pic of the two of us as I returned the ring as the local library had asked me to. They wanted to run a story on the return as the man is a well known man here in my town. Needless to say, he declined on the photo. That being said, I posted a recent thread on the local catholic church doing a sermon about that find and return, two weeks ago. My neighbor told me about as I do not attend that church. Does this qualify for "Honorable Mention?" Sorry for this late post, I just found this thread and read the criteria. I fully understand if this does not meet the full criteria and I will try to get the transcripts from the church if need be but I am not even sure if catholic religion keeps this type of record, my wife tells me that she doesn't think that they do but, I will try.

Thank you,
Rod

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://s.silive.com/Gnm4Bie Hi, My name is Ray Terwilliger---I am on treasure net as Basssmann ---Metal Detecting in Catskills in up-state N.Y. for 25 years. Found and returned
a class ring this year.

do you have a thread here somewhere of the Find So I can add your link to it ?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff, I posted, last August, of a 1951 class ring I found in "today's finds" with pics and a story of the return. I did ask the gentleman if he would let me take a pic of the two of us as I returned the ring as the local library had asked me to. They wanted to run a story on the return as the man is a well known man here in my town. Needless to say, he declined on the photo. That being said, I posted a recent thread on the local catholic church doing a sermon about that find and return, two weeks ago. My neighbor told me about as I do not attend that church. Does this qualify for "Honorable Mention?" Sorry for this late post, I just found this thread and read the criteria. I fully understand if this does not meet the full criteria and I will try to get the transcripts from the church if need be but I am not even sure if catholic religion keeps this type of record, my wife tells me that she doesn't think that they do but, I will try.

Thank you,
Rod

can you make it Easy for me to find The find thread & the recent thread
so I can read them both & merge them together if needed ?

I see you have 586 posts. That would be allot of reading to find the exact threads

We need as much of the Story of the Find, The process of locating the Owner & the return
along with at least photos of the ring in one thread,
that is available . photos of the return when available are Bonus to the stories we enjoy :laughing7:
so we can Link your Honorable Mention award to your profile like this.
so members can find your thread.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can you make it Easy for me to find The find thread & the recent thread
so I can read them both & merge them together if needed ?

I see you have 586 posts. That would be allot of reading to find the exact threads

We need as much of the Story of the Find, The process of locating the Owner & the return
along with at least photos of the ring in one thread,
that is available . photos of the return when available are Bonus to the stories we enjoy :laughing7:
so we can Link your Honorable Mention award to your profile like this.
so members can find your thread.

View attachment 1120178

Thank you, Jeff. Here are the links you requested, in order of thread dates.
This is first thread:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/429037-first-gold-ring-6th-ih.html

This is the story of finding him:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/429136-back-church.html

This is what just happened a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...date-gold-class-ring-i-found-last-august.html

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rod ! admin should add your Award link to your Profile within 48 Hours

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, Jeff. That was some fast reply time.:thumbsup:

Rod

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jeff.......being a flooring installer automatically puts me in a position to find small pieces of jewelry lost to the carpet or the baseboard heater or the piece of furniture too awkward and heavy to move.........the return to the owner is immediate and done with no fanfare. It won't make the local newspapers or talk radio, but it sure goes a long way in the community where reputation is everything..........word of mouth is my best advertiser..........

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Hi Jeff. I posted a story back in March about an 1981 class ring that I found at the beach and successfully returned to its rightful owner. I posted an update with photo on May 25. It's in today's finds and called "Gold, Silver and Diamonds at the Beach."

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was going to post but it says I can't? I have returned 37 class rings and 2 ID bracelets. I have been on Fox 2 News Detroit 3 times and in 7 different papers.

Here is one of the featured stories if interested.

I returned all the class rings featured but one.

One of the most rewarding parts of this hobby.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post but it says I can't? I have returned 37 class rings and 2 ID bracelets. I have been on Fox 2 News Detroit 3 times and in 7 different papers.

Here is one of the featured stories if interested.

I returned all the class rings featured but one.

One of the most rewarding parts of this hobby.

for proper inclusion in here, You would need to tell the story in another section.
in this case (beach & Shallow water) , (Treasure in the News) or (Lost and Found) section.
Then let me know it is there. .

we need to physically move posts into Honorable Mention !

Cool story by the way :thumbsup:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, I have nothing to return yet, but if I found something returnable I would. Do I get points for the intent?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread