Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK thanks

:icon_thumright: If you use your Detector to help someone, Or return an Item that there is No Doubt belongs to them or a close Relative .
We want to know .

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• IMG_5005.jpg
    IMG_5005.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5023.PNG
    IMG_5023.PNG
    500.6 KB · Views: 92

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I never posted a picture, but this video tells the story.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had forgotten about this one, he got it back in time for the 60TH school reunion back in May or June that he was organizing. There was mention of it in the reunion magazine. The story is more to the end of the video. Detectorcomparisons is my dive/hunting partner. I just find my way into the videos, I don't film or edit.

Last edited:

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you Return a Ring to it's Owner ?

If you Did...

#1. Did You Post the Find when you Found It ?

#2. Did You Return The Item to its Owner ?

#3. Do You Have any Photographic Proof of this, Posted to your Thread ? (this can Consist of A picture of the Owner, A Thank you Letter, Newspaper Article or anything else to Show it was returned)

If You can Answer Yes to all 3 of these Conditions above...

I want the Link to your Post, so I can Include it in Our Honorable Members... Where members of distinction are honored.

Thank You !
Jeff

How do you link to a post? I posted a found and returned ring in today's finds on Dec 31 2018. Didnt know about honorable mentions.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 3 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

2 (2).jpg 2.jpg

This find was also documented on our club website. Brief description of the request and return with pics.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 2 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

View attachment 1677134 View attachment 1677135

This find was also documented on our club website. Brief description of the request and return with pics.

AWESOME!! Did you get a look at the contents of this tube and the other two?!?

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME!! Did you get a look at the contents of this tube and the other two?!?

Thank you SeabeeRon. He opened the tube I found. The other two tubes he had already recovered before we arrived and I assume they were in a safe. I hope. Inside the giant PVC tube was stuffed with silver eagles in 20ct. tubes and small bags of ingots. He said they weighed over 10lbs each.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was some Great Deed. Well Done for locating and getting that 3rd tube back to its owner.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was some Great Deed. Well Done for locating and getting that 3rd tube back to its owner.

Thanks devldog. The brush in the background was our search area, nasty stuff. And to top it off its like a 45degree incline.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have many returned items but like a few people have mentioned I didn't think about posing in a picture. Their expressions with a verbal thank you and a cup of coffee was enough. With that said my only documented return item was about 2 yrs ago. A gentlemen had contacted my club about a missing hoard of silver he had buried years ago. Two members and I donated our time to help this family. Nearly 2 hr drive. He buried 3 pvc tubes stuffed with eagles and ingots weighing around 10lbs each. A lot of value. By the time I got there he had been digging off and on for two weeks. He was so upset he could not find the third tube, says he hasn't had a good night sleep since. He had a hand drawn map and we went from there. After about 1 hour on a steep incline we didn't have nothing. We took turns in a grid pattern with 3 different machines where he said it should be, nothing. I decided to wonder up the hill just south of the location and hit a loud "HERE I AM" signal and instantly knew I had it. I called everyone over and let the homeowner dig it himself. WoW I was amazed when he opened the pvc end cap. The homeowner was soo grateful he had donated to our club and allowed us to pose with the discovered pvc tube. The pic below is us three, myself holding the tube.

View attachment 1677134 View attachment 1677135

What a great story

Trapper John

Dec 29, 2014
St Helens, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal Detecting Devices -for Free!

It recently occurred to me that social media offers a way to "advertise" our willingness to help people locate lost objects. I posted my availability to do so on Nextdoor. I soon heard from a gentleman who had lost a metal rod that served as linkage to a trigger pan on a live trap - the kind used to catch skunks, raccoons, and other critters.

He'd lost the rod, which was approximately 18 inches long and 1/8 inch in diameter, in a 12 acre field. He knew roughly where it might have been dropped, but new hay had overgrown it. We traded a few posts and agreed on a meeting time. I showed up with my AT Pro and pinpointer and went to work. The gentleman offered encouragement but I could tell that the ball was in my court to prove myself.

I started out by scanning the trap itself to determine what my detector thought of it. With this reference measurement I began working the field in the approximate area of the loss. Within 40 minutes and a couple of trash hits I found and retrieved the missing rod. As luck would have it both my cell phone and camera batteries were shot so I couldn't photograph the object. I returned the "find" to its owner, who posted his thanks. I will forward my original "ad" and the thank you letter separately.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Deed and Well Done.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff I think I have a story that meets your criteria. Not only did i find the ring i let the owner pull it out of the hole!! Its posted in today's finds under "my find of a lifetime and the return"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread