Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember now guys a ring is just a ring, yes some are bigger and some are nicer than others, but still just a ring to us beach hunters……Soon to be replaced by yet another one.
Now on the other hand, this ring meant and means a lot to mr Michael, he suffered through four hard years of school at VMI. Yes he replaced it with another ring, but now he will have something to tell his 5 week old baby girl when she gets older and many of his friend, kind of the same thing I have been doing since I found it.
The value can be measured in many ways, like it said…………..it is just a ring, but a big ring and I have now found out that I am 1 of 3 in va beach who have found VMI rings and they all are about the same size. VMI rings are one of the largest class rings made.
Two were found in sandbridge back in the early 70’s……Nelson found one and Spider (older local hunters)…………so they are out there. Maybe I will find yet another one.
I have found many diamond rings that are more valuable and do not have near the meaning this ring has and most were not lost 12 years ago.
Some talk of Karma………….I talk of minelabs……………..about the same when hunting the beach….:-)
When Robert told me he lost it in 1999 at 19th street, same location where I found it and va beach has had a major beach replenishment program since, the wheels started to turned for me.
Now Robert will have two identical rings and I will have only memories……….that is kind of the way my life has been since the mid 80’s, so why change it now.
I am going down the lane today for low tide at surfchurch and will hunt for yet another fine yellow ticket again.
Wavy TV 10 (local outfit) did the return as u will see, should be on channel 10 at 11PM tonight or morning news depending on how fast they get done today, Headed to a church fire next.
Good luck out there.

PS – Robert’s room at VMI was the same room that Stonewall Jackson’s class room was back in 1850’s

VIDEO IS LIKE 20 MINS….some pics below.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding return Max.....reward Max, what about the reward?

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're the man Max! :wink: No one business if he got a reward or not...really!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Mr. Max ...... :icon_thumright:
And
Like I said before..Should be a Banner and it's going to be a interesting story.......

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Max, I laughed and I cried. Congratulations to you and the young man! :notworthy:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This return and Find Need to Be Up top and In Honerable Mention !! Great Find And Return!!!! HH And Post a Link to the News When I come On Chug and Red Banner and Honerable Mention Vote Are In Chug

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Max. Nice return! Helluva ring!! :notworthy:

Aaron

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Awesome way to end the story Max, I commend you!

Cliff

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Max....I commend you sir!!!! HH to you!!!

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
max, there was never a doubt in my mind that you were gonna do the right thing...you are a man of integrity and character ,and i do mean character.... i sure did look like it was hard to part though... i always cry at weddings... but seriously max congratulations and i also vote banner.......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PI JOE said:
You're the man Max! :wink: No one business if he got a reward or not...really!
I didn't ask you anything PI JOE.....I asked Max because he tells what he gets as a reward all the time. Its not your business if I ask. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Great Story! Way to Go Max!

Enjoy your videos!

Said this in the other post concerning this "Surprised this is not on the Banner"!

Banner, Banner, Banner!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You enjoy searching the beaches for nice tickets Max and you found a really big one on this spin. The ring was returned to the owner because of you're who you are...a very caring and honest person that lets his true make-up show by doing what YOU consider to be right....and not what others think you should do. I for one, commend you and wish you continued success on the beach hunts. And do not quit making those videos of your adventures. A lot of us look forward to viewing them every day. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! Great story and nice job! That ring must have made the minelab scream! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice story great return. The news crew needs to get a directional mic. I couldn't hear a thing that was said.........NGE

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max that was the biggist class ringI've ever seen,great find and return.:weee:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread