found wedding ring for older couple

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
monarch pass drive, colorado springs, colorado
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & whites bullseye2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a call to see if i could find a wedding band that the guy had lost. it was just a plain gold band but after 58 years it had a lot of sentimental value. he said he lost it in the back yard while doing yard work. i get to his house and he shows me half an acre back yard and most of it is natural with tons of bushes, oak brush,and tall weeds. to add to that it has chain link fence around it and lots of metal fenced areas and tons of metal sculptures? i thought boy did i ever let my ego overload my a##. i started in the small grassy area and worked my way around. after 1 hour and 45 minutes i was ready to give up but i thought i would try just the areas close to the house one last time. BINGO!!! damn what luck. he was a happy camper as was his wife. the ring was so thin it wouldn't be worth 20 bucks as scrap but to them it meant the world. here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• dick noys & wife 1.JPG
    dick noys & wife 1.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,095
  • dick\'s wedding band 1.JPG
    dick\'s wedding band 1.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,094

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what an awesome feeling!! Congrats and thank you for the positive impacts of our hobby!

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've tried to find a ring for a woman but to no avail unfortunately. Nice job on your find and thanks for the positive PR :icon_thumright:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wonderful! I'm glad you didn't give up despite the rough detecting conditions. Just now I nominated this find for Honorable Mention due to your diligence and the joy it's bringing to these two elderly lovebirds! HH Andi

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I have been so lucky at finding those "needles in the hay stacks" that people think are lost rings. You are so far ahead when they actually have an idea of when the ring vanished. They can actually give you a fighting chance in the kind of conditions you described. Way to go. Isn't it funny how something that probably has very little cash value is so very, very important to those that we try to reunite. Good job!

Don
HH

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you mentioned, after 58 years, that ring was worn, thin
and not worth a whole lot. But to them, it meant the world.
Congrats on the recovery and return...ya done good!!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions