Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call yesterday from a member of the historical society here, he was up to the cemetery covering over an antique hearse and while putting the tarp over it he lost his wedding band somewhere and wanted to know if I could look for it with my detector. I got up there this morning and saw the hearse had all wire wheels and a ton of iron on it so knew that my M6 would go nuts close to it so got on my hands and knees and pawed thru the grass looking for it while I waited for him to arrive. Spent about a half hour looking and didn;t find it then once he arrived he showed me where he parked and where he was so fired up the M6 and went around the high grass near the hearse and after about 5 minutes got a good solid nickel/ring reading and reached down and pawed thru the leaves and grass and lo and behold there was the ring....18k white gold...made his day and now his wife has cancelled his castration... :wink:

Attachments

• wedding ring.jpg
    wedding ring.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 855

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely, done and nicely worded. Congrats.

Don
HH

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice ring...congrats ! :thumbsup:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Good Karma headed your way. Lent my detector to buddy who'd lost his ring while deer hunting. Saved him from that same irate wife fate. Good goin.

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it from a guy who has lost two wedding bands over the years. You saved your friend a ton of %*#@* from his wife. Way to go!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
pawed thru the leaves and grass and lo and behold there was the ring....18k white gold...made his day and now his wife has cancelled his castration... :wink:

Sounds like you created a WIN-WIN situation for everyone by finding that ring for him. LOL
Well done Maindigger.....congrats on the recovery/return. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done--good job!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions