$3k ring found and returned within 3 1/2 hours

parrothead

Oct 1, 2005
Morris, Illinois
The beach has been draining so I have been following the line down as it drains. Pulled this nice little number yesterday. It is 14k with 9 nice diamonds on it. I knew that it was out there, but only a vague reference to where it was. I got ahold of the caretakers, they got me his number, I got ahold of his wife, she got ahold of him at work, he got back ahold of me at the bar, and it was in his hands within 3 and one half hours. It cost him $3,000.00 when he bought it and $350.00 to replace a stone in it 2 years ago. It is inscribed JULIE 2-12-00. He was a very nice man and I was glad to find it for him. He asked what I wanted and I just asked him to buy me a drink or two. He bought me several. This is the third ring that I have been able to return to it's respective owner as well as several other gold rings out of this swimming hole in the last year.

Attachments

• ring found.JPG
    ring found.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,687

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
hi .

that,s a great thing you did parrothead. ;D

in holland we also try to find rings that people lost ,and we also return the ring to them. ;)

gr bubbas ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic parrothead !

I'm very happy to to Say Congrats !

And Move You into our Honorable Mention Thread.

JEFF

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Wow!!!

BRILIANT find!!! Not to mention how honourable it is for you to return it to its owner.

Makes me happy to here people still do good deeds.

Congratulations and good work,

Jesse

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
thats awesome great find and fast return good work...i found a ring i wanted to return but the only thing on it is a year ??? no clue even where to start....

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the second picture

good thing there was a caption

almost thought it was a same sex marriage :D

way to go greg

that the 3rd ??? thought you were like 5 or so

show off..... ;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go!
See, We detectorists aren't as bad as many make us out to be. I wish those who want to ban detecting would read a few of these kind of stories.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Parrot,

nice find; outstanding job on the return.

Congrat.

What bar are you drinking out of?

May be heading down that way.

have a good un.............

OP
OP
parrothead

parrothead

Oct 1, 2005
Morris, Illinois
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Parrot,

nice find; outstanding job on the return.

Congrat.

What bar are you drinking out of?

May be heading down that way.

have a good un.............

Gooselake Club. South east of Morris. PM if you get this way. I have a couple decent sites to share. Dekalb and I have gotten together, looking for more to join in the fun.

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
its so nice to hear good things people do insted of all the negative. Congrats on the ring find and the good boost to your karmah you recived when you returned it!

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what makes this hobby so special ::) well done, and trust that you will find much in return.

God bless
Peter

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
Good job P.H. how did you know it was missing?, are you listed as a lost and finder type of guy? I just wounder how you knew someone must of told you it was out there ehh, and so looking for it must of been exciting and then when that hit came it must of been awsome to pull it out of the ground.

shellback

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread