πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION "Turn the truck around, I see a wallet in the road!" Wallet returned!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone, hope your all having a great and safe day! :hello: we have had an interesting day, to say the least, we did manage to get out, :hello2: when it warmed up a bit, and we went to our favorite park, where we saw demonstrators chanting over and over again "We are the 99%" and soon it was echo'ing in our ears ::) :BangHead: and of course there were a few homeless guys hanging around in the park, drinking and they were quiet for awhile, which is good! We met a really nice gentlman who came up and asked if we were interested in buying another detector!
Come to find out he has 4! :thumbsup: He has an Ace 250, a Fisher, don't remember which one, a water one, and can't remember the name of the other. He has arthritis and is looking for a lighter machine. We told him about this website, and he says he will look for it, come to find out he lives in some really nice apt next to the park! :headbang: He is also going to buy a pinpointer, and he is getting the Garrett, he says he has had other ones, but they all broke! And he likes the look and feel of the Garrett! :headbang:
After he left, we managed to find .74 in clad, a pair of glasses, a lighter, and we got to see one homeless guy pull a gun on another one! :o We hot footed it to the other side of the park, and got ready to call the police, the fight was broken up by another guy in the group, and we decided to leave, we had had enough! ::) While Chug was putting his machine in the truck, I started looking around and found a baby stroller! It still works, and we are going to modify it so that our friend with the dog can use it for her on rainy days! :help:
We thought we were done for the day, but as we were driving home, I spotted something lying in the street! Then it hit me, and I yelled"Sweetie, turn around, fast, we just passed a wallet!" We had to drive another block before we could turn around! We saw car after car pass it, thank God the light stayed green, and there it was, I opened my door, reached under the truck a tad, and got it into my hot little paw! :hello2: :headbang: We couldn't find a phone number, but thank goodness we were able to contact his insurance company who Does have it, and we are waiting for him to call, we hope he is contacted soon!!!! :wink: We find so many strange stuff, this one tops the list! Oh, and can anyone tell us if there are any water machines that have a screen, Chug is hearing impaired, and tone deaf, so he needs a screen to look at! :wink: Have a great evening, and stay safe! Will keep ya posted on how this turns out! Red :hello:

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,657
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,722
  • P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,734

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Turn the truck around, I see a.......in the middle of the road!"

Gl chug & Red stay outta the gunfights...They are not healthy...lol

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kayden said:
Gl chug & Red stay outta the gunfights...They are not healthy...lol

Tell me about it, scared me to death, we are thinking it was a fight over pot, as we saw them smoking earlier. :wink: The one with the gun was so dang fast, I thought for sure the one curled up in a ball on the ground was a goner, thank God it was a cold day, so no kids in the tot lot! :wink: Red

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sounds like a interesting afternoon stay safe

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thank you, we will, I also forgot to mention we found a pair of glasses, intact, and added another lighter to our collection, thank goodness we keep finding those, we have a friend who comes over to visit, he is a smoker and has the habit of taking our lighters! We are going to get a bunch of lighters for his stocking, so that he will have some for a bit anyway, so he will leave ours alone! :laughing9: :laughing9: Red

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a day! The AT Pro has a screen and can be used in the water. I love mine.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yikes!!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

baylorhall said:
What a day! The AT Pro has a screen and can be used in the water. I love mine.

Can you tell us more about it please? Chug wants to know if it is fully waterproof? He wants to go in waist deep, no further, he is over 6 feet tall, and could anyone send a video with sound? He will make a post in a bit as to what he is looking for! :wink: Red

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

My wife and i picked up a wallet in the road and tried to return it, when we could not reach the owner we call the cops. One comes over and gets in my wives face asking her why she picked it up. I thought he was going to arrest us. We were just tryng to help someone out and we did get a nice call from the owner but we will never do it again. HH

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "Turn the truck around, I see a.......in the middle of the road!" (Returned)

We received the Call today From the Owner of the Wallet!!!! I drove over to Return it and Found out that He Just lost His Job and The Money He Had In the wallet was all He had Left and Needed His Id to Cash his Unemployment Check today!!!!! His Insurance Company contacted Him Letting Him Know that We Called!!! He even offered $5.00 I Refused!!!! Chug He left it on top of his Car while He was Going over to a Friends House

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Turn the truck around, I see a.......in the middle of the road!" (Returned)

That was 'Quite a Day', good job returning the wallet. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug & Red, What a day it turned out to be for y'all. The person who had the detectors, the Ace 250 is very light in weight (I think it's 2.5 lbs), as far as the AT Pro, check the Garrett's thread... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,209.0.html

You did a good deed, I know that young man is pleased to receive his wallet back. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

River Rat said:
Chug & Red, What a day it turned out to be for y'all. The person who had the detectors, the Ace 250 is very light in weight (I think it's 2.5 lbs), as far as the AT Pro, check the Garrett's thread... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,209.0.html

You did a good deed, I know that young man is pleased to receive his wallet back. :icon_thumleft:

The person who had the detectors, the Ace 250 is very light in weight

We told Him about the Site!!!!! Maybe We will See Him This Weekend The Weather Is Looking Good to Find Out What He wants For It We Have receive a few PMs about It Chug

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "Turn the truck around, I see a wallet in the road!" Wallet returned!

Ahhh, Chug & Red that was so sweet of you to go to the trouble of getting/returning the wallet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Tomorrow may be your banner day for the good deed you did today! Breezie

PS: Do you 2 need bullet proof vest to MD? ;D

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "Turn the truck around, I see a wallet in the road!" Wallet returned!

Be careful out there...I was never in the middle of gun play while detecting but I did have one homeless guy swinging a six foot loong branch at another. That was a bit scary but as soon as I saw it there were police sirens coming down the road so they each went in opposite directions of each other.

Good job on the wallet...as far as a water detector I use a Minelab Excalibur which would not work for you but I believe the White's BeachHunter 300 has a LED setup. Depending on what lights up you can tell what it should be that you are digging. I've never used it but maybe someone who has can pipe in. Good luck

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions