πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Coin vid, turns into Ring Recovery!!!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only had about 30 mins to hunt today and sped off down 49th street toward Durant to do a little coin hunting with my new Garrett AT Pro About a mile from my house, I drove up on a car with the hazard light on a 3 teenagers walking around kicking the leaves on the side of road. So I stopped and asked what they were looking for. One had apparently rolled down his window and was thowing out something when his new gold class ring went too. So I told him he was in luck and jumped out with the ATP. Within a minute of turning the machine, his ring was back on his finger... it had to have been the quickest I have ever found one... lol he looked like he had just won the lottery...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 67 now but when I was 16 I met a really nice little girl at church camp from Durant. We really had a crush on each other and the next year I went into the Air Force and we wrote to each other for quite a while until I met another nice girl and got engaged. No, I didn't marry her and lost track of my girlfriend in Durant. Her name was Mary Paul Sheriff and her dad owned the local Chevrolet dealership. I often wondered what became of her. She was two years younger than me so I guess her dating a Senior was a big deal? She would, of course be a grandmother by now instead of the 14 year old beauty she was at the time. I go by Durant every time I go to Dallas to visit my sister and always think of Mary Paul. Ah , here's to teenage romance and youth. Would love to know if she is still there in Durant and if she remembers me. Monty

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPECIAL MENTION!!!!!!! SPECIAL MENTION!!!!! Great story.
I did the same thing here in S. Korea, going onto a U.S. military camp.....see a hubby and wife
with several dogs.....but, the couple were down on their knees, looking through grass in a field the size of a small baseball field.
I stopped, went to them and asked what they were doing. The wife lost her engagement and wedding ring set.......
Went home, got my detector, and within maybe 10 minutes, the rings were back where they belonged. And, best of all,
they became friends, and they came and joined with us at the church where I went. Great feeling!!!
Sooooooo, good job. And, those young men won't forget what you did. SPECIAL MENTION!!!!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's one lucky kid right there. that should be in the world record book for quickest recovery ever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone... Just couldn't let them keep searching like they were.. the kid was about in tears.... I was so excited about getting his ring back so quick I forgot to take a close-up of the ring... Lol it was a huge gold one with diamonds all over it.. it looked like championship ring of some sort.
Monty I will check and see if I can find the lady you mentioned... Name sounds vaguely familiar...

F

Felinepeachy

Great story!! Congrats on a great recovery :hello2: :notworthy:

I hope you lectured him on the evils of littering LOL

bama20a

Aug 6, 2011
I know the kid sure was glad you came along. Should of told them a lesson to learn.Don't throw trash out of the car window,LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread