πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION My first gold of 2012. Update: 1967 Class Ring On Its Way Back to Owner.

Zofchak

Mar 11, 2009
Michigan
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Excaliburs, Sovereign GT and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the temps near 50 here in Michigan I let the business calls go to voicemail this afternoon and spent a few hours detecting. After a bit of a shaky start (Forgot my headphones and arrived to see lots of fresh unfilled holes >:() I was was quite excited when my first good signal ended up being a nice 10k class ring. It's from 1967 and there's a good chance I will be able to find the owner as his initials are engraved on the inside of the band.
After the ring I spent another 2 hours detecting and scored 2 silver Rosies and a 1961 silver Washington Quarter (They're badly tarnished as I was hunting a freshwater lake bottom). No clad, no pull tabs and only a few rusted bolts from digging some deep iffy signals. The person who dug all the holes did an excellent job of clearing out the shallow trash :laughing7:.

I'll try and update this post if and when I am able to track down the rightful owner of the ring and a pic of the ring after it's cleaned.

UPDATE: It took less than 24 hours to locate the owner of this ring. His name is Jerry and he now lives in San Diego, California (Nearly 3000 miles from where I found the ring!). I just spoke to him on the phone and he informed me that he lost the ring while on a school outing only a week after purchasing it in 1966. That means the ring was buried for nearly 50 years before I recovered it. :headbang: I would love to be able to return the ring in person, but I don't get to the West Coast very often, so it will be going out in the mail in the next few days. I'd also like to thank Tim H. who graduated with Jerry in 67'. A friend of his came across my post on a local forum looking for a matching name from the 67' graduating class at St. Mary's High School of Redford (In Detroit). Tim relayed Jerry's contact information to me, and that's how I ended up getting a hold of him. The school closed in the mid 80's, but it appears many of the alumni are still in contact with one another.

Jerry's going to email me a picture of himself with the ring once he receives it, and I'll post the photo at that time. It's my first class ring that I have been able to return, so I'm pretty excited. :bouncy:

Attachments

• IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 636
OP
OP
Z

Zofchak

Mar 11, 2009
Michigan
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My first gold of 2012.....

Here's a picture of the ring cleaned up a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_6255.JPG
    IMG_6255.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 511

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring.

Right in the middle of the hippie era.

I was in the 5th grade in 67.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

Nice finds... Hopefully you took the time to fill in the holes that the idiot left.

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Nice 1st Gold :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Someone posted I was in 5th grade, I was not even born yet in 1967. I am 38 years old.

That is a great looking ring, Very Beautiful!! Congratulations on a great find! :blob7:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
Z

Zofchak

Mar 11, 2009
Michigan
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic of Jerry with his class ring. After being lost for 45+ years he's happy to have it back. With any luck he'll be able to keep it more than a week this time without losing it. ;D

Attachments

• .JMN 1967 Class Ring..jpg
    .JMN 1967 Class Ring..jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 505

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers