Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lost watch found after 1 1/2 years & still running!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Lost watch found after 1 1/2 years & still running!

Well Folks, I was able to do my good deed for the day today. Long story short..........
    I have been detecting at an old farm site for years now. Well, a few months ago I met a young gentleman Ray that deer hunts on the same property. We've run into each other a few times, shot the breeze, and exchanged contact info.
    About a week ago he asked me if I would mind looking for his bosses watch that he had lost while planting azalea bushes and laying out pine straw at their place of employment. It had been lost for about a year and a half now. They had previously borrowed a detector and tried to find it, but had no luck in doing so.
    Today we met at his work and he showed me the general vicinity where he thought it may be. I had three strikes against me going in: (1) I was getting electrical interference from something around the buildings, (2) Azalea branches are not too easy to get a web type coil around , and (3) there was a good 5"-6" of pine straw on top of the ground as mulch.
    Fortunately I like a challenge, and have been pretty lucky in the past finding lost items for people.
    After about 15 minutes of working my way around these shrubs I was starting to lose hope. Then that "BEEP" that we all know and love appeared! After digging through the pine straw I saw the round face of the watch. I'm not sure if Ray or I had the biggest grin, but we were both happy to see the watch. Sure enough the band had come apart at one of the pins.
    After a closer look Ray noticed the watch was STILL RUNNING!!! I couldn't believe it.
    Ray is going to surprise his boss with the watch tomorrow. I'm glad I was able to help.
    Sorry for the long-winded short story.
    -MM-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch 1.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	605718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch 2.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	605719  
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Lost watch found after 1 1/2 years & still running!

Now thats a cool story, Congrats on your good deed

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    201 times
    Banner Finds (2)

You are such a good person. I wish you could teach Quindy to be half as nice as you are.
    BuckleBoy likes this.

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1389 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

I would expect no less from you MM. WTG, Q.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Cool beans, MM! You did good! Maybe.....the boss will be so thrilled to have it back that he'll invite you to come over and detect that 500 acre CW camp!

WTG! We're proud of ya!!

Nana

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner61
    Now thats a cool story, Congrats on your good deed
    Thanks GR.
    Very much appreciated.
    -MM-

Quote Originally Posted by Dman
    You are such a good person. I wish you could teach Quindy to be half as nice as you are.
    I know you didn't just say that D. Wasn't Quindy the one bringing you a bucket to sit on and feeding you grapes?
    Thanks buddy.
    -Dug-

Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X
    I would expect no less from you MM. WTG, Q.
    Thanks Q.
    I was starting to have my doubts on this one, and right towards the end at the last few bushes I found it!
    -Dug-

Quote Originally Posted by RTDE3
    Good Job M.M.!
    It took a Lickin' & kept on Tickin'!
    LOL. I was totally amazed Rob. Must be a good watch.
    -Dug-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1314 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

I've said it before, and am going to say it again: You're a good man Charlie Brown! Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

us
    Dec 2011
    West of the Mississippi
    Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
    305 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Well done MM! Its acts like this that move our hobby in the right direction! Well done old chap! Well done!!!
    Respect the research and permissions of others...Seriously...

us
    Sep 2007
    Ring Of Fire
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear
    Well done MM! Its acts like this that move our hobby in the right direction! Well done old chap! Well done!!!
    Yep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> He's an old Chap for sure Nice find, Doug. Maybe this year I'll swing by for a cold Coor's Oh, I meant metal detecting first

Quote Originally Posted by Nana40
    Cool beans, MM! You did good! Maybe.....the boss will be so thrilled to have it back that he'll invite you to come over and detect that 500 acre CW camp!

WTG! We're proud of ya!!

Nana
    Thanks Nana.
    I wish I had a 500 acre CW spot! Can you imagine.
    BTW- I toasted two margaritas in your honor tonight.
    -MM-
    (Margarita Miner)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezie
    I've said it before, and am going to say it again: You're a good man Charlie Brown! Breezie
    Thanks Breezie.
    I was under pressure, but I pulled through for him.
    -Dug-

Thanks Papa.
    I love the challenge of finding lost articles. Been lucky so far.
    -MM-

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Wow! Now that didn't take long to make banner. Congratulations on a well deserved banner Doug. You rock buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjarhead
    Yep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> He's an old Chap for sure Nice find, Doug. Maybe this year I'll swing by for a cold Coor's Oh, I meant metal detecting first
    Ron,
    Coors first is fine. I may find more stuff that way.
    Thanks Bubby,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by AA Woodland Detectors
    Wow! Now that didn't take long to make banner. Congratulations on a well deserved banner Doug. You rock buddy
    Thanks Mike. The Mighty Tesoro pulled through again.
    -Doug-

us
    Jan 2005
    Panhandle of Florida
    T2 SE,Sovereign Elite,two Excal II s and a cibola
    520 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Very cool! I found a friends wifes ring one time that was lost for about a year . It does feel good. Awesome that the thing still works.
    God and country.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    Very cool! I found a friends wifes ring one time that was lost for about a year . It does feel good. Awesome that the thing still works.
    Thanks Bird. Congrats on your ring find too. It's a great feeling knowing you succeeded isn't it?
    -Doug-

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

it's all about the smile you receive when you return something that was lost. kudos to you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors