Wedding Ring found and returned
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Wedding Ring found and returned

Hi all,

I went out today on a mission. I just moved into a new house last Saturday and during the move, one of the contractors that I had in to help me fire up the furnace mentioned that one of my new neighbors had lost his wedding ring in his yard a couple weeks ago. This was said after I had told him that I doo the treasure hunting/metal detecting thing. I told him that I would have time on the weekend to try and find it.

Well, today the weather was okay so I called my contactor buddy up and we drove over to the neighbors. His name was "J". After meeting, I had J show me where he thought he lost the ring. He led me through the back yard and into the adjacent woods. He had been doing yard work, hauling yard and bush clippings into the woods and while he was out there, he removed his work gloves. After he had finished working and went inside, he noticed that his wedding ring was missing. He thought that it came off when he removed the gloves. J had this ring since his wife and him were married 26 years ago, so he has been very upset the past few weeks without it. They actually went ring shopping today also. He said that they had two other detectorists over to look for it last week and neither had found it.

I got my old trusty Garrett out of the truck with my headphones and went to work. After about 30 seconds I got my first signal and it was a metal strip of aluminum. About a minute later I got a stronger signal, using my knife to gently clear away the dirt and leaf debris, there it was about two inches down. I said, "I got it" and held it up for him. As he took it from me, he immediately jumped up in the air and yelped with happiness saying "I'll be damned, you found it" and ran like a kid inside to show his wife.

Needless to say, I was very pleased to make someone so happy. In literally two minutes of swinging, I got pretty lucky to hit the right spot. He offered me a reward, but I refused it and instead said I would stop by for a beer sometime and we could sit and chat about old times we never had. I did say that I would like a photo with him and he agreed. His wife also took some pics with her camera.

So I made a new friend today and have a big smile on my face for the rest of the day knowing how happy I have made Mr. J.

Happy hunting to you all!

Smiles!
    BDoo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Found Ring.jpg 
Views:	859 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	100162  
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

Jun 2006
    ACE 250
    36 times

Re: Wedding Ring found and returned

Way to go Bdoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradulations! You deserve a big pat on the back for doing this good deed! The MD Gods will reward you!

-CC
    2008 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS

Wheats..........5
    Pre '60 nicks..5
    Silver D.....2
    Silver Q....1
    Walking Liberty..0
    Franklin...........0
    Kennedy 90%...2
    Kennedy 40%...11
    Proofs...........0
    NIFC.............7

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

BDoo,

Congratulations on finding "J's" ring. The smiles of 2 happy guys...a good deed done.

RR

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    166 times

Awesome Bdoo! Great job and very nice impression on the neighbors, bet you have a good name already throughout the nieghborhood. HH, Mike

us
    Mar 2006
    Massachusetts
    Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
    21 times

bob, that is very nice,, i can imagine the way he felt when he lost it.... and i can only imagine the way he felt when you said (i got it) !! your a good man.....
    keenest hobby ever

May 2005
    50 times

BDoo,

your the man. Good job.

have a good un..................
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

Jun 2006
    Minnesota
    14 times

Hey Bobydoo- WTG!!!
    Having fun and doing a good deed,
    Ya can't beat that.
    How old is his house?
    Just a thought!
    Congrats & HH
    Garrett GTI 2500 , BH Discovery 3300,Automax pinpointer

us
    Jun 2006
    St Petersburg, Florida
    Tesoro Tiger Shark

absolutley awesome BDoo!
    two priceless smiles and a new friend, cant beat that!

cheers!
    Face down in the dirt  this doesnt hurt

Oct 2005
    eldridge, missouri
    39 times

CONGRAT'S.......BDOO........I'm happy for ya. Great way to begin your life in a new neighborhood.....HH.....gregd573

us
    Chile Head, FLYERS FAN

Jan 2005
    Sunbury, PA
    DFX 300, Classic ID
    37 times

Way to go!!! That kicks butt!!!

us
    Sep 2005
    Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    395 times

Awsome Job!!! Was woundering were you were...

HH
    -GC

us
    Apr 2005
    Texas
    7 times

Congrats BDoo ! You did good !

Huntin' 59er

Jul 2006
    Mountains
    21 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Bobby,

I have said it before and will certainly say it again. You are a great shining example of what a friend and TN member should be. Completely great guy and class act all the way.

And yep they were smiling from ear to ear. Good job. I hope to find a ring to return someday as well.

I salute you,

Postalrevnant

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by coolcash2004

Way to go Bdoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradulations! You deserve a big pat on the back for doing this good deed! The MD Gods will reward you!

-CC
    Thanks my friend! I think the MD gods have rewarded me more than my share this year...lol.
    One of the coolest parts was that two other MD guys searched already without finding it and also J and his family had been raking through the dirt and searching so hard for this ring, so I think he was kind of skeptical that it would be found. Then, in just a couple minutes, bam, there it is. My instincts and luck paid off again for sure. Plus my jewelry finding detector.

Thanks again CC!
    Smiles!
    BDoo

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat
    BDoo,

Congratulations on finding "J's" ring. The smiles of 2 happy guys...a good deed done.

RR
    Thanks River Rat!! yeppers, happy for sure. It was my pleasure to doo this for him and I really enjoyed seeing someone so very happy and pumped up like that. He was super enthusiastic after and kept saying, " I can't believe you found it..." stuff like that. I think they had about given up hope that it would be found.

Smiles!
    BDoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links