Wedding Ring found and returned

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi all,

I went out today on a mission. I just moved into a new house last Saturday and during the move, one of the contractors that I had in to help me fire up the furnace mentioned that one of my new neighbors had lost his wedding ring in his yard a couple weeks ago. This was said after I had told him that I doo the treasure hunting/metal detecting thing. I told him that I would have time on the weekend to try and find it.

Well, today the weather was okay so I called my contactor buddy up and we drove over to the neighbors. His name was "J". After meeting, I had J show me where he thought he lost the ring. He led me through the back yard and into the adjacent woods. He had been doing yard work, hauling yard and bush clippings into the woods and while he was out there, he removed his work gloves. After he had finished working and went inside, he noticed that his wedding ring was missing. He thought that it came off when he removed the gloves. J had this ring since his wife and him were married 26 years ago, so he has been very upset the past few weeks without it. They actually went ring shopping today also. He said that they had two other detectorists over to look for it last week and neither had found it.

I got my old trusty Garrett out of the truck with my headphones and went to work. After about 30 seconds I got my first signal and it was a metal strip of aluminum. About a minute later I got a stronger signal, using my knife to gently clear away the dirt and leaf debris, there it was about two inches down. I said, "I got it" and held it up for him. As he took it from me, he immediately jumped up in the air and yelped with happiness saying "I'll be damned, you found it" and ran like a kid inside to show his wife.

Needless to say, I was very pleased to make someone so happy. In literally two minutes of swinging, I got pretty lucky to hit the right spot. He offered me a reward, but I refused it and instead said I would stop by for a beer sometime and we could sit and chat about old times we never had. I did say that I would like a photo with him and he agreed. His wife also took some pics with her camera.

So I made a new friend today and have a big smile on my face for the rest of the day knowing how happy I have made Mr. J.

Happy hunting to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Found Ring.jpg
    Found Ring.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 938

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Way to go Bdoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradulations! You deserve a big pat on the back for doing this good deed! The MD Gods will reward you!

-CC

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo,

Congratulations on finding "J's" ring. The smiles of 2 happy guys...a good deed done.

;) RR

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Bdoo! Great job and very nice impression on the neighbors, bet you have a good name already throughout the nieghborhood. HH, Mike

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
bob, that is very nice,, i can imagine the way he felt when he lost it.... and i can only imagine the way he felt when you said (i got it) !! your a good man.....

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Hey Bobydoo- WTG!!! ;)
Having fun and doing a good deed,
Ya can't beat that.
How old is his house? ;D
Just a thought!
Congrats & HH

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome Job!!! Was woundering were you were...

HH
-GC

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Bobby,

I have said it before and will certainly say it again. You are a great shining example of what a friend and TN member should be. Completely great guy and class act all the way.

And yep they were smiling from ear to ear. Good job. I hope to find a ring to return someday as well.

I salute you,

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
coolcash2004 said:
Way to go Bdoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congradulations! You deserve a big pat on the back for doing this good deed! The MD Gods will reward you!

-CC

Thanks my friend! I think the MD gods have rewarded me more than my share this year...lol.
One of the coolest parts was that two other MD guys searched already without finding it and also J and his family had been raking through the dirt and searching so hard for this ring, so I think he was kind of skeptical that it would be found. Then, in just a couple minutes, bam, there it is. My instincts and luck paid off again for sure. Plus my jewelry finding detector.

Thanks again CC!
Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
River Rat said:
BDoo,

Congratulations on finding "J's" ring. The smiles of 2 happy guys...a good deed done.

;) RR

Thanks River Rat!! yeppers, happy for sure. It was my pleasure to doo this for him and I really enjoyed seeing someone so very happy and pumped up like that. He was super enthusiastic after and kept saying, " I can't believe you found it..." stuff like that. I think they had about given up hope that it would be found.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bavaria Mike said:
Awesome Bdoo! Great job and very nice impression on the neighbors, bet you have a good name already throughout the nieghborhood. HH, Mike

Thanks Mike.

ya...except with the soon to be ex who lives a couple streets over...lol.
just kiddin... we parted on good terms and are friendly still... I crack me up :)

But yes of course I really enjoy helping anyone especially my neighbors.
This was too easy... I really envisioned a long search and the possibility of not being successful,
so I am real happy that it worked out for him and I did find it.

CHeers!
BDoo :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Green1 said:
bob, that is very nice,, i can imagine the way he felt when he lost it.... and i can only imagine the way he felt when you said (i got it) !! your a good man.....

Thanks dude, I am sure most of us here would have done the same thing that I did.

"I am a finder, I find things, that's what I doo"

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
BDoo,

your the man. ;D :D Good job. :D ;D ;D

have a good un..................

Hi Sherm

Thanks buddy, I appreciate your friendship and constant support here. You're awesome my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Blackjack77 said:
Hey Bobydoo- WTG!!! ;)
Having fun and doing a good deed,
Ya can't beat that.
How old is his house? ;D
Just a thought!
Congrats & HH

Hiya Blackjack!!

Thanks for the friendly comment.
The house is 20 or so years old but...
maybe the word of the deed travels and networking pays off with another opportunity like this or a good lead turns up from it also. Either way, I am just happy to find this for Mr. J. I was looking forward to this all week so it is so cool that it all worked out the way it did. I was super surprized to find it so quickly.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread