πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION It doesnt get any better than this!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Oh, this is wonderful! Gorgeous ring and what a happy guy! The fact that he earned the money to buy his ring makes it all the more special to him. I lost my class ring before graduating and have always wanted to find it again, even now 50 years later! So I have an idea of how happy he feels. My only "find & return" so far is finding a silver ring for a young woman who'd just lost it at the beach, felt good to locate it for her. HH Andi

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story, I really enjoy reading these kind of posts! I've been able to return about 7 items lost. HH and congrats, Mike

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a wonderful story! You definitely deserve an honorable mention.

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great topic & story. a well earned Honorable Mention. It realy does take a special person to return a ring that has a precious metal in it now a days. Kudos to you. Your rewards will be great in returns of silver & gold.... Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Melissa: A heartwarming story indeed. I know you returned the ring because you have a good and kind heart, but I hope your generosity is rewarded with many more wonderful and valuable finds. You must surely be a blessing to your family and friends.

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!! I've only a few minutes left of my lunch break. I will respond to everyone's comments tonight. I just wanted to share something with you. I went out to my car last night to get something and I found an envelop on my windshield. It was a thank you card from Keith and he had put a gift card to a local restaurant in it. I sure wasn't expecting that. He is such a great guy. I'm so glad it was his ring I found if that makes any sense.Lol. He deserves to have good things happen to him. Thanks to you all.

image-2562448875.jpg

Attachments

• image-9221239.jpg
    image-9221239.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find and to give it back, WOW . A testament to our sport.:goldtrophy:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Girl, your heart is made of gold. I'd hunt with you anytime, any place or under any conditions. You are an inspiration to us all. "God Bless You".

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks to you all for the warm words. You make Treasure net feel like a family. And not the dysfunctional kind. ;-)

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spitfire55 said:
Girl, your heart is made of gold. I'd hunt with you anytime, any place or under any conditions. You are an inspiration to us all. "God Bless You".

Wow! Thank you so much spitfire!! You made my day!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CARTER said:
Great story and well told, best of luck on your future hunts :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Carter!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Billinoregon said:
Melissa: A heartwarming story indeed. I know you returned the ring because you have a good and kind heart, but I hope your generosity is rewarded with many more wonderful and valuable finds. You must surely be a blessing to your family and friends.

Thank you Bill! What an amazing thing to say. Thank you sooo much!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deputy Dave said:
Great story and thanks for sharing it with us. We still have great people in our communities and you are the kind of person we need to help us to remember that.

Gosh, all these kind words really mean a lot to me. What a great group we have here!

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANGLANGLEY said:
I have to say that I'm very proud to call TENNESSEEGAL my sister. She comes from a long line of treasure hunters. Hey sis, did it feel like your head was going to pop off when he hugged you? Great job sis... keep up the great work.

Nathan

LOL yes it did! Thank you Big bro. You always set a great example for me to follow. Im a very lucky little sis. <3

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K Zack said:
Honorable Mention for sure,
Thank you for sharing it with us.
It is very hard to put into words what it feels like to give some thing back that was lost years ago.
It is a Big Rush to say the Least.
Congratulations on a job Well Done.
Kevin

Thank you Kevin. Yes, it is a rush for sure. I got more pleasure out of giving it back than I ever could have by keeping it.

OP
OP
TENNESSEEGAL

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
I bet he had a story to tell folks too !!!

I've been doing this stuff on and off for over 40 years. When people ask me, whats the neatest thing you have found. For the longest time, that was hard to answer. Now adays, I answer....its the items that I can return to its owner. They just look at me funny. Until you have done it, you dont know how NEAT of a feeling that is.

My hat off to you for giving it back. Im sure some would have just melted it.

:occasion14:

Thank you VW! I hope I can do this for many more people in the years I have left. I got to talk to Keith's wife last night and she's just as nice as he is. Have a good one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread