🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Class Ring Returned

Scottyboy

May 15, 2012
Northwest Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I, Whites Prizm III, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher 1280-x, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Monday, I found a class ring in about thigh deep water at my local beach.
It was a pain trying to get it scooped up in rough surf using an aluminium 5" scoop... took me about 15 tries :BangHead:
I was rewarded for my persistence, and was overjoyed to see gold in the scoop (second gold ring ever).

P6140152.JPG

Class of 2012, T.R. Miller High School.
On the inside was inscribed: William Jones.

When I got home, I looked up the school online, turns out it was from a school in Brewton, AL. (about an hour north of my town).

On Tuesday, I called the school and gave the Principal my information. A few minutes later, I received a call from the ring owner. We arranged to meet up today.

Here is Mr. Jones reunited with his ring:

P6160161.JPG

He says he was in about knee-deep water when he was hit by a wave, he felt it fall off and tried unsuccessfully to find it.

I'm happy to have been able to return it to him :happysmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and good job. Congratulation!!:hello2::hello::thumbsup:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to give those bigs one back..... but it gives you a good feeling when they show how much they appreciate it.

Dew

OP
OP
S

Scottyboy

May 15, 2012
Northwest Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I, Whites Prizm III, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher 1280-x, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hate to give those bigs one back..... but it gives you a good feeling when they show how much they appreciate it.

Dew

Oh that would have definitely put a dent in the cost of my next water machine, but I think its better he got his ring back and we both have a great story.

At any rate, my Sand Shark isn't done finding rings, she's just getting started ;)

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Scottyboy :occasion14: I would like to have seen you get a reward but the reward is also like you said "him getting his ring back and we both have a great story." It seems like every time I return a ring I find a better one very soon. Call it karma or whatever but it seems to work that way. Good luck next time out but I don't think you will be needing luck. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions