Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th of July Hunt I Found and returned Katie's Ring

So, being that the drought has set in Greg ( my detecting buddy) and I decided that we need to start hitting the water, as the digging is much easier and definitely cooler.

We chose to hit a local creek just to wet the urge (Yes Pun Intended).

Right out of the truck, my detector is not working. For some reason the coil on the XP Deus keeps shutting down when I turn on the control unit (got a call in about that). So anyways Greg says we will switch on and off with his detector so that I could atleast get some hunt time in. He detects while I scoop the finds and then I detect while he scoops.

When it came my turn at swinging the coil one of my first few targets was a silver girls class ring with the name on the outside. Right then I knew I had to locate her and get the ring back to her. When I got to the truck and put my glasses on, I seen that her full name was on the inside of the band, so that made it so much easier to locate, and thank God her last name wasn't a common one like Smith, Jones, Miller, etc.

Forward to July 5th, I open the phone book and there is only 1 listing for anyone having the last name as Katie, so I made the phone call and introduced myself and the reason for the call and we agreed that he would come to my work and pick it up.

It seems that katie had lost the ring last year and was extremely heart broken over it, as it was her graduation gift from her parents.

Her dad said this will make her day and that he will have her send me a photo of her and her returned ring.

Hope everyone is staying cool in these triple digit temps and thanks for reading

Attachments

• Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (1).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (1).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (2).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (2).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (3).JPG
    Katies Ring july 4th 2012 on white (3).JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the returned ring, great find. HH

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honerable return!
Good job and stay cool out there...8-)

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go DJ. A good day for both you and Katie.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and kudos for returning it to Katie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread