Class ring going home after 50 years !!!

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a class ring near Vero Beach this past summer. It’s from Fordham Prepratory School, N.Y. 1956. Even had a name on the inside, but it was in script, worn and hard to read. Sent several emails to the school for information. Finally got a reply from the school the other day. They had narrowed the name down and were in the process of helping me track down the owner for me. Got home lastnight and a had a message from the owner who now lives in S.C. Gave him a call back and he identified the ring exactly. He did not remember seeing the ring since 1956. He said something about a girl being involved, but I wont go into details. The ring will be on its way home soon!

Attachments

• tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,738
  • tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    tn_DSCN5420aa.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,865

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy, You are a great humanbeing. ;) You made the mans year I am sure.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Such a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us and for returning the ring! Now.....whats the rest of the story...the girl involved...details details ;)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mich, this story is what makes metal detecting the best Hobby in the World, Top Marks ;)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
lmao gypsy.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mitch, that is a very,very nice thing to do.....you're a good guy ....

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
thats great. My returned class ring isn't that old it is from 1995 (will be picked up this weekend) It is great that other people aren't greedy and are willing to return things they find. We are a dieing breed. No good deed goes unseen as they say.

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II
I had a similar class ring like that. Found it in Wyoming from guy in New York. Now he is in Texas with his ring. Boy has he grateful to get her back.

OP
OP
Mitch1FL

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a nice letter from the owner thanking me for the return of his ring. Also got a nice email from the school.
The owner also sent a check for $30 !!! Happy Hunting all and Merry Christmas !!!

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
nice i contacted the owner of my ring and he said he would pick it up but never called me back should i call again? You are a good soul and hope you get everything you want for Christmas and have a Happy holidays

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions