Made someone happy today.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Saturday I got a call from a good friend of my sons. It seems that his wife had lost her wedding ring somewhere between where she parked her car, and the front door where she worked. The problem was that we had 11" of snow the night before and all the sidewalks and road had been plowed. We both decided it might be better to wait until some of the snow melted before attempting to look for it because the pile of snow in the parking lot was about 20 feet high. He contacted a friend of the family who also had a detector, but that person was unable to find it claiming his detector wasn't working right because of the cold.
Today wasn't much better, With temperatures near freezing, I agreed to meet with him and his wife to look for the ring. I figured we could shovel down the pile of snow, which by now was only about 3 feet deep, but before doing that I decided to start out looking where she parked the car and then work my way toward the building.
Within 20 minutes She had the ring back. It must have fallen into the street where she parked the car and then the snowplow pushed the snow (and the ring) onto the grassy boulevard.
The reward?... A great big hug from a very happy young lady. ;D

Attachments

• 111806.jpg
    111806.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 887

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
way to go BK! that is one cold looking hand in that picture! ;)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! You did a good thing!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Way to go BK, that's the way to doo it!
Congrats on making her day,
you will be remembered forever for it!

Smiles!
BDoo

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
AWESOME BK. I knew you could find that ring. Your Karma level is mega high for all the help to me and others. I am certainly glad the city plows didn't get ahold of the ring and drag it off.

Finding a ring for someone is my number one metal detecting wish.

I salute you for your helping find that ring!!

Postalrevnant

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
Nice Going...You deserve a medal. I hope it's a seated liberty Quarter....Congratulations on a job well done. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Woodsie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread